DUI arrest on H1-B in Delaware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeking help for DUI

Good morning i am seeking help fro this I got DUI last week when i was travelling with my wife , no property damage , no over speeding but just i was talking to my wife so my car swivels , and cop saw me and pulled me over. i have to go to court on 21st nov , but yesterday i got an email , stating
    , Additional information became available after your visa was issued that indicates you may not be eligible for a visa. Accordingly, your visa has been revoked. If you wish, you may apply for another visa. For more information on how to re-apply, please visit our website at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in. Sincerely, U.S. Embassy, New Delhi

I have following question
    1. i have valid I94 till sep next year , so can i stay here in united state ?
    2. do i have to do additional steps regarding i94, if yes then how ?
    3. is there any issue with H1B extension and Transfer if you got DUI and didnot travel to your home country to fix and you visa still in revoked state.
    4. is there any problem with my wife's H4 visa with my DUI , or she can travel outside united states.
    5.can i travel within the unites states.

Comment

Originally posted by tiar2616 View Post
      Good morning i am seeking help fro this I got DUI last week when i was travelling with my wife , no property damage , no over speeding but just i was talking to my wife so my car swivels , and cop saw me and pulled me over. i have to go to court on 21st nov , but yesterday i got an email , stating
      , Additional information became available after your visa was issued that indicates you may not be eligible for a visa. Accordingly, your visa has been revoked. If you wish, you may apply for another visa. For more information on how to re-apply, please visit our website at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in. Sincerely, U.S. Embassy, New Delhi

I have following question
      1. i have valid I94 till sep next year , so can i stay here in united state ?
      2. do i have to do additional steps regarding i94, if yes then how ?
      3. is there any issue with H1B extension and Transfer if you got DUI and didnot travel to your home country to fix and you visa still in revoked state.
      4. is there any problem with my wife's H4 visa with my DUI , or she can travel outside united states.
      5.can i travel within the unites states.
      You need to reapply ASAP... Once you are out of status she is out of status. Her visa is dependent on yours.
      Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

DUI law

Originally posted by utpalj View Post
        Hi,

I recently got arrested for DUI law and the case is still pending. However, I have to go to India for Visa Stamping. It was my first and only arrest.

I was wondering if I someone can throw some more light in terms of what happened if they had their case in recent times, Would like to know what can / should I do before I go for stamping.

Let me know if I can connect with you through emails or phone... thanks

UJ

Hi
        Just hire the best lawyer as soon as possible to close the case.

Comment

Update on travel with pending DUI charge

Hello Friends,
          I'm in a similar situation. First time simple offense DUI (bac of 0.07); pending charge and need to travel in 2 weeks. The first court date is 2 months out, but will be back by then.

The big concern is if I will have issues at the port of entry.

Please advise. Thanks !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X