Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange predicament - Need all the help possible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange predicament - Need all the help possible!

I am doctoral student about to be accepted to a US university. My problems stems from my marital issues. I was married few years back and have a kid from that marriage. Our marriage wasnt registered but we both have entries in our Indian passports as spouses. We both have B-1/B-2 visas too. Our marriage has fallen apart and I intend to marry again. Is there any way I can obtain a Visa for my new wife? I know divirce procedures can take some time to finish but we cant wait that long. Any one has an advice?

What do you mean?? You HAVE TO be divorced before you can remarry. You can't have more than one wife at a time, unless you are a muslim.

Comment

US does not exclude muslims from that requirement as well. In India, it could be possible.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

How?

You mean in India a Muslim can remarry without legal divorce?

Originally posted by arunk View Post
        I am doctoral student about to be accepted to a US university. My problems stems from my marital issues. I was married few years back and have a kid from that marriage. Our marriage wasnt registered but we both have entries in our Indian passports as spouses. We both have B-1/B-2 visas too. Our marriage has fallen apart and I intend to marry again. Is there any way I can obtain a Visa for my new wife? I know divirce procedures can take some time to finish but we cant wait that long. Any one has an advice?

Comment

You want to change your religion now?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Yes, US does not exclude muslims from that law, but its possible in India -which is !$%&*@#$

Comment

u can't get married without divorcing ur first wife.

So, ur "new wife" is not really ur wife until u have divorce papers from ur "old wife".

Comment

I wonder which girl would agree to marry someone that does not have a valid divorce paper

Comment

How did you manage to get your names on each other's passport without showing legal proof of marriage?

Second, what do you mean by "about to be accepted to a US university"? Either you have been accepted (and have your I-20) or you haven't been accepted.

And acceptance by a US university does not guarantee a F1 visa.

So what kind of help are you looking for from us? Do you want us to find a loophole whereby you can take advantage of the fact that your marriage was not registered and avoid going through a legal divorce procedure?

If yes, you are out of your mind.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X