RFE after the AOS interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE after the AOS interview

I was interviewed on Sept 3, 2009 for AOS application with my wife as the US citizen petitioner. We were asked a few questions which we answered all correctly. I gave all the documents/evidence needed (eg. marriage cert., proof of citizenship of my wife, birth cert. for both & 2 kids, I-94, passport, 2009 mortgage statements, 2009 utility biils, 2008 income tax returns, drivers license for both and car loan bill.

The IO did not ask for our photos and we do not have a joint checking account but the IO did not ask for that also. She only ask a few questions and after that she said just "wait for the decision in the mail it's either the approval or request for more evidence but everything looks fine". She took my I-94 but not my EAD.

We thought maybe she must asked her supervisor first for the approval because she was not authorized to do it. But I got an email from CRIS saying they mailed a letter on Sept 3rd requesting more evidence. It was very dissapointing because I thought the interview went well. I could not think anything else (documents) that we failed to submit. My kids (4 and 2 yrs old) were even with us during my interview. She even asked us twice if these are our kids and ofcourse we said yes. The only negative was my 4 yr old son was very noisy during the interview and I thought that made the interview short, it only lasted for 10 minutes. Also, my wife didnt answer this question accurately, "What is my recent annual income". My wife answered less than $30,000 because she is not sure the exact amount which was $25,000. But the rest of the questions were answered accurately.

We've been married for 4 years now with 2 kids. I came as a tourist in 2001 and change my status to a non-immigrant worker (H1B), which expired on August 2005. We got married on January 2005 and got an I-130 approval on July 2008. My wife became a US citizen on March 2009, I then filed my AOS on April 2009.

Please help me if you have any idea what went wrong or had this kind of experience.

Thanks!
    Last edited by gabriel0303; 09-05-2009, 03:13 PM. Reason: Additional information

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you guys fill the applications yourselves? Did you submit all the evidence requested with each application?

Comment

Who is the sponsor on the case?

Comment

The sponsor is my US Citizen wife, she is a RN and we did submit all the applications by ourselves. We also submitted all the documents and forms needed with the AOS application. I guess I just have to wait for the RFE letter. The IO never told us that there was a missing form or document. She said "Everything looks fine".

By the way, my I-130 was approved on July 2005 not 2008. I was basically out of status before I applied for AOS this year but that should'nt be a problem because my wife is a US Citizen.

Comment

Yeah, you are going to have to wait for the letter. Hopefully is something easy and fast! From my point of view you should have been appoved without questions...
          Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for replies BribeAl! Hopefully I will get the letter on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. I will keep you informed. Thanks again!

Comment

I checked the mailbox today still no RFE letter after my AOS interview. The anxiety of waiting is killing me!

Anybody had the same situation please share it to me or you have any idea about this let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

try no to worry so much... you will get it soon...

Comment

Update from CRIS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 5, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I just got this update from case status online! I believe this means that my AOS application was apporved right? I wonder why they were asking for further evidence the same day after my interview online and then today I got this update! I hope this is not a mistake from them. Maybe they made a mistake by putting a RFE online instead of the approval. What do you think happened? Any answer will help. Thanks!

By the way, I have not recieve any letter from USCIS regarding the RFE. It was sent on Sept 3rd based on the update online after my interview.

Comment

You see there was nothing to worry about!!!
                    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Comment

Immigration offcers also make mistakes that's all.. it's over!!!
                      Now you are a Green Card holder!!!

Comment

Yeah I guess they just made a mistake on my case but it did give me a lot of anxiety. But I am still thankful that they corrected the mistake in just a few days not months or worst, years. Thank you for the replies BribeAl!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X