Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa rejected in chennai

Hello,

I went for my F1 visa in chennai consulate yesterday (09/14/2009). The VO rejected immediately after he looked @ my engineering marksheet. I had 10 backlogs in my computerscience engineering. I got admitted for a MBA program in USA, The school does not require GMAT & TOEFL, so I did not take those exams.. I have a sound financial backup which gurantees my ties back in country. have liquid assests of 15 - 18 lkhs and properties worth crores.
    Is there any chance I can reapply and be positive, how should I respond to VO about my engineering backlogs and make him beleive that I'm capable of studying?. Any suggestion/feedback will be greatly appreciated

Be prudent!

Hi friend,
    The US consulate does not care about how much money or power you have, remember, even Mr. Modi was denied visa?

Try to resolve your mark sheet and certification issues and the US consulate seem to have problems with that and not money matters.

All the best.

Comment

The schools that don't require GMAT or TOEFL would give admission to every TDH and would be blacklisted in the books of the consulate.

It does also show that you are not serious about future education. Get a good GMAT/TOEFL score and an admit in a decent school. Apply for a visa after that. Till then, don't even try. It will get you no where.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

What txh1b says is very true.. I would be surprised if any credible institution in US would give you admission without TOEFL score(GRE some schools do not need it but you should have a decent score)

My personal experience.. Back in 1997 when I first F1 Visa was rejected, my GRE and TOEFL scores were not that great and kinda suspected that was the reason(even though they explicitly do not tell you that).

In 1998, I took the exams again and got decent scores and a VISA..

So my suggestion would be, if education in US is something you seriously want to do, get good TOEFL and GRE scores, get admission into a credible institution and present your case to the Visa officer.

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
        The schools that don't require GMAT or TOEFL would give admission to every TDH and would be blacklisted in the books of the consulate.

It does also show that you are not serious about future education. Get a good GMAT/TOEFL score and an admit in a decent school. Apply for a visa after that. Till then, don't even try. It will get you no where.

Comment

Your parents slogged enough to accumulate 15-18 lakhs and property worth crores. Please respect that and do not go to the US for further education until you have a full scholarship from a good university. It is shameful to just blow up all that hard earned money on an MBA degree that wont even get you a job.

Comment

US STUDENT VISA Problem in SRILANKA....!!

Originally posted by novice2007 View Post
            Hi friend,
            The US consulate does not care about how much money or power you have, remember, even Mr. Modi was denied visa?

Try to resolve your mark sheet and certification issues and the US consulate seem to have problems with that and not money matters.

All the best.
            Hey friend.....!!! You know what's happening in Our Country(Srilanka)....! You mentioned money is no matter... but it's in your country... here most of the students got refused because the financial....! but they have good GPA TOEFL score.....!. You know why?? because some of the politicians' selfish...!, here students are getting so much effort to take visa even they have good educational background and sufficient money. Mostly for tamil people...! Our country politicians never let us study in our country or go abroad...!!!. In case in indian people are very lucky... they can go US easily.... all country people can except Srilanka........!!! Here we are facing so many problems..... but no any body know this....... ( Best of luck for ALL........!!!

Comment

hi friends

hi frnds,am shankar from tamilnadu,i got admission from an university without GMAT or TOEFL score, so they told me to do the ESL course from the university for the subsitute,i have the letter regarding this from the university,there is any chance of rejection of my visa because of no GMAT TOEFL score,i have the visa interview next week,please share ur idea for me,
              expecting ur reply

Comment

Chances are low. You need to have strong reasons why you chose this school and program.
                This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X