Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name in I-94 does not match the name in SSN

Hi,

I am facing a problem in getting DL since the issuing person said I do not have a "First Name" in my I-94 and is missmatching with the name in the SSN Card.

My First Name is written as FNU in Visa, Surname field contains my full name starting with Last name + First Name + Middle Name and in my passport my full name is written in Surname field, Given names field is empty. In SSN my first name is given as UNKNOWN, middle name empty and last name contains my full name as "Surname" + "First Name" + "Middle Name". In my I-94 card that was issued at Port of Entry in airport I had matched it up with the Passport so the first name remained empty and last name contained "Surname" + "First Name" + "Middle Name".

So if seen in the way I described the name in the SSN matches with the name in I-94 but the way SSN card displays the name, the one who reads my SSN Card always takes my "Last Name" (SSN Card) to be my first name and "Middle Name" (in SSN Card) to be my last name. And hence this mismatch is seen.

I read online forums and I read somewhere that I would need to fix the names in Passport, Visa, I-94 and subsequently in SSN but I am not sure where to start with. Recently I had updated my name in Passport so first step is over I believe. Now what? Do I have to go out of USA to get a new or updated Visa and I-94 and then correct the name in SSN? or the name in SSN and I-94 can be corrected from here?

What is required for a name change in SSN? Is it only passport or Passport+Visa?

Can the name change in I-94 be done within USA itself? (I-94 being issued at Port of Entry in person). If yes, what documents I should have? Is it only passport or Visa too?

Thanks for reading and suggesting...

Regards,
    Abani

i am in the same position as yours

hi abani
    I am also having the same problem as yours and hope that till now you may have come out of it. I also got my name changed on my passport. What is the next step to do. How can i get my name change on i94 and ssn.
    thanks
    Fahim

Comment

Hi fahim/abani123,

I am also facing same issue. Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Regards
      Sudhakar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X