No announcement yet.

Notarization of Affidavit for Name Split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can somebody post the example of sworn affidavit...the language is very confusing

Comment

Originally posted by Arvind Kumar View Post
      Can somebody post the example of sworn affidavit...the language is very confusing
      Ok, guys finally I got time to blacken out the sensitive
      Last edited by sandeep.iiit; 02-25-2014, 05:01 PM.
      F2A, Spouse of LPR. Center NBC. FO Seattle
      1/19/20 I-130 filed online
      8/10 I-485,I-131,I-765 sent
      9/05 Got I-797 receipts
      9/14 Got RFIE for lack of I-864
      9/22 Sent response
      10/9 Got I-693 Deficiency Notice
      11/13 Got RFE for lack of I-944
      11/20 Sent I-944
      7/13/21 Got biometric notice
      8/9 Biometric day
      8/13 Ready to be scheduled for interview
      3/1/22 I-130 approved
      3/1 Got RFE for medicals
      3/7 Sent RFE
      3/14 Got EAD
      4/9 Got green card

Comment

How to fill up deed poll / sworn affadavit for Name split/bifurcation

I need help in filling up deed poll / sworn affadavit . Wording in that is confusing

If someone has done it . Please help. Lets say if the name in Passport is like below

Given Name: YYYY YYYY
        Surname: (Blank)

And it has to changed as below, then how do we fill the form.

Given Name: YYYY
        Surname: YYYY

Comment

Sorry I didn't realize my url was somehow filtered from the post. I have updated my post with the correct url. It's a scanned copy of my affidavit through which I was able to get my name changed in the passport.
          9/05 Got I-797 receipts
          9/22 Sent response
          11/20 Sent I-944
          8/9 Biometric day
          3/1/22 I-130 approved
          3/1 Got RFE for medicals
          3/7 Sent RFE
          3/14 Got EAD
          4/9 Got green card

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep.iiit View Post
            Sorry I didn't realize my url was somehow filtered from the post. I have updated my post with the correct url. It's a scanned copy of my affidavit through which I was able to get my name changed in the passport.
            Hi Sandeep, I am still unable to view your post/url to the scanned copy... would really appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by davinal View Post
              Hi Sandeep, I am still unable to view your post/url to the scanned copy... would really appreciate your help.
              Sorry again. I think I hate this forum from now. They have provided URL tags but it doesn't seem to work. When I post a reply, the url appears as expected and then it goes away a day later. In case a moderator is editing my post, at least notify me?

Here is the url again (remove spaces to turn this into a proper url):
              h t t p : / / postimg . org / image / n3fsr8z8t /
              9/05 Got I-797 receipts
              9/22 Sent response
              11/20 Sent I-944
              8/9 Biometric day
              3/1/22 I-130 approved
              3/1 Got RFE for medicals
              3/7 Sent RFE
              3/14 Got EAD
              4/9 Got green card

Comment

Urgent Help regarding how to fill Deed poll/Sworn affidavit...thanks in Advance

Thank you so much for the url....So does that mean we have to fill all four options? Options 1 and 3 talk about wife and kids...im single and I was wondering if I should just fill option 2.

Urgent help please...I would really appreciate if anybody could clarify ...thank you

Sorry again. I think I hate this forum from now. They have provided URL tags but it doesn't seem to work. When I post a reply, the url appears as expected and then it goes away a day later. In case a moderator is editing my post, at least notify me?

Comment

Originally posted by sk_21 View Post
                  Thank you so much for the url....So does that mean we have to fill all four options? Options 1 and 3 talk about wife and kids...im single and I was wondering if I should just fill option 2.

Urgent help please...I would really appreciate if anybody could clarify ...thank you
                  I'm single and that worked for me.
                  9/05 Got I-797 receipts
                  9/22 Sent response
                  11/20 Sent I-944
                  8/9 Biometric day
                  3/1/22 I-130 approved
                  3/1 Got RFE for medicals
                  3/7 Sent RFE
                  3/14 Got EAD
                  4/9 Got green card

Comment

Passport order form - Service requested?

Hi Guys,
                    first thank you so much for running the forum, so helpful.

My question is on "Passport Order Form" under "Service requested", what shall i select for "split on name".
                    -they have some options like Reissue of passport ordinary/Jumbo 36 pages and few more, please advise the right choice, thanks

Regards,
                    Fahad

Comment

Passport order form - Service requested?

Hi Fahad,

You will need to select 'Re-Issue of passport'. I have been fumbling around these things for a while as well.

For more details check the immihelp link: https:///name-change-correction-in-i...ssport-in-usa/

Originally posted by MOHDFAHAD View Post
                      Hi Guys,
                      first thank you so much for running the forum, so helpful.

My question is on "Passport Order Form" under "Service requested", what shall i select for "split on name".
                      -they have some options like Reissue of passport ordinary/Jumbo 36 pages and few more, please advise the right choice, thanks

Regards,
                      Fahad
                      - - - Updated - - -

Sandeep! You are my hero. I have been looking for help on this for such a long time. I will eternally be grateful to you for putting a sample up

Comment

Need the Sworn Affidavit sample

Hi,

I still cant see the image in the following URL(h t t p : / / postimg . org / image / n3fsr8z8t /) even after removing spaces, can you please help me here.

Thanks,

Originally posted by altaiir View Post
                        Hi Fahad,

You will need to select 'Re-Issue of passport'. I have been fumbling around these things for a while as well.

For more details check the immihelp link: https:///name-change-correction-in-i...ssport-in-usa/

- - - Updated - - -

Sandeep! You are my hero. I have been looking for help on this for such a long time. I will eternally be grateful to you for putting a sample up

Comment

Thanks for such quick response

Hi Altaiir,

thank you so much, I totally forgot to check back with the post.

JUMBO or ORDINARY / Tatkal ? Can you please advise on that, thanks.

or this dosent matter?

-Fahad
                          Last edited by MOHDFAHAD; 07-15-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Name Splitting in Indian Passport

Hi All,

I saw some of the members on this forum have successfully got their name split up in Indian Passport. So can somebody tell me which Sworn Affidavit was used and Is it mandatory to have 2 witnesses on the affidavit?

Regards,
                            AK

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you so much for the image. I was able to see the image and get a better idea and confidence of preparing my paperwork for name splitting. I have one question. Did you get Witness signatures on your Sworn affidavit? or is it ok to leave them blank ?

Regards,
                            AK

Comment

Split name

Can you please some one summarize, what all document needed for splitting the name !! I have to do it for me , wife and kid, so it will have to be 3 application, Did any one do this by postal ? I live in Utah state so thinking to do it by postal. Is it good or better do it in person at SFO. Appreciate your help.

Comment

Splitting of name in passport

Hi guys,

Thanks for running this forum and helping the person in need.

I had few query regarding my wrongly mentioned name in my passport. My name is First-name: Deepak, Last-name: Negi, but in my passport is mentioned as Given-name: Deepak Negi and Last-name: BLANK. Could you please tell me what is the procedure to get it changed. I live in Dallas, Texas.

One of my friend was telling me that if it was your last-name where your whole name is mentioned instead of Given-name, it would be lot more easier process. Is that true?

Also, Is it easier to get it done here in US, or should I get it done in India?

Any help will be highly appreciated guys. Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X