Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deletion and addition of spouse name in Indian passport

please help me in this matter.

I was married on 1996 and got divorced in 2007. MY spouse name was included in the passport during this time. But we got divorced throught the method of talaq( i am a muslim) and we never went to court, so i donot have a court order of divorce( decree of court).

in 2009 I got married by special marriage act in the sub registrar office. and I now want to delete the ex husband's name and want to add the current husband's name. when I approched the passport office they are asking for the court order. I dont have a court order. what to do? how can i get his name deleted? is there no option to delete his name, if i dont have the decree of divorce from a court? ( how can I approch a court asking for a divorce, already I am divorced through tht Talaq)

please do help

anu

I think USCIS would need proof of divorce using traditional lawful methods and not religious methods. You can contact an attorney to see if any other options exist.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X