attestation of forms for J1 visa waiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attestation of forms for J1 visa waiver

I returned to India this year because I am subject to the two-year home requirement rule.
    I still want to go to The United States due to personal reasons and wanted to apply for a J1 visa waiver based on No-Objection. For this, I have to fill out a NOC form and get it attested by the Indian Embassy in the US.

My questions -
    1. does anyone know whether the attestation is mandatory if i am already in India.

2. If it is, how safe is it for me to mail my passport to them? I have seen the embassy in NYC and I am petrified that I will lose my passport in the entire process..
    3. Can I fedex my passport + forms to a friend who can get them attested in third person? Is that permissible?

Has any one here applied / is in process of applying for a J1 waiver after returning to India?

j1 waiver from India

Hi I too is in the same situation...

I had sent the forms for initial attestation (after notarizing) to Indian Embassy in Washington DC. They replied they cant process the docs and I need to send it to NY OR at Ministry of external affairs (MEA).

Then I sent the documents to NY, in the format of NY Indian consulate, (I dont know why they have different formats at each consulate). However, I have not heard back for last one month.
    If I stay longer in India then I might loose my job, just because Indian Embassy was not able to attest my documents.

Have you found any solution. I will be very grateful to you for your help and info.

Comment

hey do you have any suggestions step by step what to do if we want to apply from india?

Comment

J1 waiver and 2 yr HRR waive

apply to HRD (see their site for nori) , reg Pasport officer concerned from where P issued and to your home min concerned. Submit affidavit and biodata notorized in orig with set of educ qualif and DS 2019 with copy of PP and any other relevant doc . They will submit the OC to MEA at Delhi. The concerned will then send them to India embassy at Delhi for further processing at USA. So do not submit your orig passport.....not required . After u r informed submit relevant docs to US consulate with the docs as they require with a fes.
        See what happens. Keep in touch.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X