Urgent help needed : F1 stamping refusal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed : F1 stamping refusal

My visa stamping was refused at the Mumbai consulate and really need your guidance.I would really appreciate any guidance. Below is my story.

After my COS to F1, I started taking classes from September. Unfortunately, my mom took seriously ill with cancer and I had to leave the US in an emergency on October 19th after taking due permission and "continuing studies" I-20 from the university. However, on November 16th, my F1 visa stamping was refused at the mumbai consulate. First the officer noted that I already had a MBA followed by 2 years of H1-B employment. She asked me whether I quit or I was laid off. Fearing that if I say laid off, she would think Im going for F1 only to save status, my response was that "I quit the position because I needed a formal education in computer science to further a career in information systems audit." She also inquired about the dates - that I left the H1-B position on July 21 while school started in September. The officer was not convinced as to why would someone quit a well paying job in this economy to do MS and seemed to be the reason for refusal.

There were also some documents like fee reciept for coursework from my university and list of courses taken that were requested by the officer but not in my possession. I am procuring those.

I need advice on 1) When should I go for second interview - immediately or wait for sometime ? fyi - My semester ends on Dec 20th at the university. 2) Would any officer know if I quit or laid off ? I filed COS before I left my position 3) How do I clarify my situation ? 4) What other documents will help ?

Pls. advice

Thanks
    Sweety

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X