No announcement yet.

PIO Card Application – Washington DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent (mailed) my application to Washington DC counsulate and got the PIO card in four weeks, the US passport came along with the PIO card.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. It has been more than a month and I have not received my PIO yet. They have not returned my Original U.S.Passport yet. I think they will return it together.

Comment

Originally posted by anupamag View Post
        I sent (mailed) my application to Washington DC counsulate and got the PIO card in four weeks, the US passport came along with the PIO card.
        So this seems to be the proof that they keep the US passport till they get you the PIO. I do not understand the logic, because there is nothing they have to do with your US passport when you apply for PIO. OCI is a different story.
        On the other hand, if there is an emergency for someone to travel out and need US passport, how do they handle that?

Comment

Originally posted by rndman View Post
          On the other hand, if there is an emergency for someone to travel out and need US passport, how do they handle that?
          They probably don't think much about that; it's not really their problem. They have their system, and getting them to deviate from it will always be difficult. Best bet is to apply when you're reasonably certain you can do without the passport for a month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by curtdfw View Post
            They probably don't think much about that; it's not really their problem. They have their system, and getting them to deviate from it will always be difficult. Best bet is to apply when you're reasonably certain you can do without the passport for a month or so.
            I know. You can't do much about it. Someone here (in other thread) mentioned about apostille copy of the passport. I am not sure DC accepts that. That could be another option.

Comment

The apostille seems to be only associated with the SF consulate's application form -- none of the others mention it. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by curtdfw View Post
                The apostille seems to be only associated with the SF consulate's application form -- none of the others mention it. Go figure.
                Something is changed. Now the DC website no more says Original Passport and the Notarized copy, but says the folloiwng for PIO card.

2. Notarized copy of first two pages of passport. Please send the original passport only if it has a valid visa to India

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X