Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Find
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Default Do I need to send the divorce decree?

I was married for 5 years to an American citizen, the last 3 of them as resident, then I got divorced and I waited 2 more years after the divorce to complete 5 years before applying for citizenship.

My question is, do I need to send copies of the divorce decree with the citizenship application, or just the money, the photos and the copies of my "green card"?

I didn't changed my name after the divorce, so for the last 7 years I had the same last name (my ex-husband's).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please, help me out...

You don't have to.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Thanks!

I was confused because I think I need to add my ex husband info when they ask for the previous marriage (even I am been married just once). I'm not even sure if I need to write any info about mi ex...

Anyway, I'm sending my application and then I will come back to let you all know about my process. (Massachusetts)

Thanks again,

Quote Originally Posted by Justmeme View Post
    I was married for 5 years to an American citizen, the last 3 of them as resident, then I got divorced and I waited 2 more years after the divorce to complete 5 years before applying for citizenship.

My question is, do I need to send copies of the divorce decree with the citizenship application, or just the money, the photos and the copies of my "green card"?

I didn't changed my name after the divorce, so for the last 7 years I had the same last name (my ex-husband's).

So did u get ur permanent residence through ur spouse, in that case did u have any problems at the interview, like extra questioning, will appreciate if you share ur experience, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Justmeme View Post

hhh

I believe you have to send your divorce decree with your application; not to mention that you also need to fill in all of your ex's information. That's what I did when I submitted my N-400. At my interview, the IO officer asked for it, but I didn't have it with me at the time, so she gave me the N-14 form to mail back with my divorce decree. I applied based on five year. Good luck.

Default Divorce and Citizenship Process help

Hi,

I was married to a US Citizen but our marriage fall apart soon after my arrival ( to be precise in 5 months ) here in USA. I received my permanent green card valid till 2015 without any conditions immediately upon my arrival. Since then I have stayed here for 5 years and have satisfied all the requirements to be a Citizen.

My question is will my divorce from my US Citizen spouse will have any bearing or adverse effect on my case. I read somewhere that if I am divorced from my US Citizen spouse, I won’t be eligible to file for Citizenship. Please advise. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Irfi