Ad for Name change in Indian Newspaper for OCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad for Name change in Indian Newspaper for OCI

I changed my name during naturalization (cut short my first name) like from Jonathan Doe to Jon Doe. I am thinking of using the following format for the Newspaper AD in India for OCI (as required by the CGISF)

I, Jonathan Doe son of <Dad's Name> born on xx-xx-xxxx, residing at No. 7G, Rainbow Colony, Kodambakkam, Chennai - 12, have changed my name on <Oath date> and shall henceforth be known as Jon Doe.

My question here is, should I use my local address where I live now in US or my parents's address in India where I used to live (my indian address in the passport) for the Ad. I'm asking this since the name change certificate given by the court has my local US address.(The Newspaper may need a supporting document for the Name Change Ad)

Also, is the format OK? Am I missing anything? (like name changed from a particular date)

Waiting for your valuable suggestions.

sk

hi
    i'm in the same boat now. how did you place your ad in indian news paper
    please let me know.
    thanks

Comment

Name Change

i dont think you need an address for the name change advertisement

I just did the following

I, ABC son of DEF have changed my name to XYZ for all purposes affidavit dated 01/01/2011

I did this from Mumbai.. Dont place ad in Times of India, It costs Rs3000
      There are many shops who do it. I did mine for Rs 125 only and posted ad in Indian Express

There is no rule where it states Ad must be placed in Times of India ...I think as long as its placed in a known Indian newspaper that is fine... Also you need to provide original newspaper cutting not a scanned copy

The format of the name change is also not given on Consular website
      The one I have mentioned above is simple and direct and servers all purposes

Comment

Hello all,

Do we need to submit a documnet from Indian court to the newspaper people stating that my name is changing, or Can I just simply contact the newspaper office for a name change Ad.

Thanks.

Comment

Same issue

How do I submit name change in the news paper , can any one help me please.
          Originally posted by rajkumar1234 View Post
          Hello all,

Do we need to submit a documnet from Indian court to the newspaper people stating that my name is changing, or Can I just simply contact the newspaper office for a name change Ad.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X