Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Find
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DS 160: ten-printing

In the DS-160; they mention about “ten-printing”. My previous US visa was a F1 in 2003 but I don’t remember if I had a ten-printing. Any idea what I should select (Yes/no)?
    Thanks

In 2003, you were most likely not ten-printed.

Therefore, say no.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Hi,

Please let us know what is this TEN-PRINTING in DS-160 , What it means actually?

Regards,
    Abhay

Immihelp Support

Thanks for the input, Admnistrator.

Abhay, Typically, finger printing means index finder printing. I guess ten printing means printing all the 10 fingers for added security. I saw somewhere that this was introduced sometime recently. Hope that helps....

Immihelp:

Nice link. But can anybody tell, when this 10 fingerprint started? Because I visited india in 2007, but I don't remember that while stamping I had index finger prints or 10 finger prints. So, is there anyway to know that starting from which month and year this 10 fingerprint started? So, while filling this new DS-160, it will be easy to fill the form without any hesitation in mind.

I found this:
    The Department of State currently uses 10‑fingerprint scanners at most of its visa‑issuing posts and will complete deployment worldwide by the end of 2007.

That means any one getting visa after 2007 was ten-printed.

Regarding when exactly it started, at least in India, I will have to dig into our archives to see when we updated our own web page. I will try to find it out over the weekend.
    Immihelp Support

Default DS 160 Ten Printing

When did the "ten printing" finger prints start in Mumbai Consulate? I got my F1 Visa stamped on 10 July 2009 but I can't seem to recall if I was ten printed. Please help me to know if I should be mentioning Yes or No here.

Please call VFS helpdesk @ Mumbai to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by VisaHelpInfo View Post
    When did the "ten printing" finger prints start in Mumbai Consulate? I got my F1 Visa stamped on 10 July 2009 but I can't seem to recall if I was ten printed. Please help me to know if I should be mentioning Yes or No here.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Default J k India

Yes, its true we are also fooled by J K peoples, they are working only for money by taking benefit of unavailability and lack of experts in certain areas, they charged me about 20000 rs for me and my partner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast