DS 160: ten-printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160: ten-printing

In the DS-160; they mention about “ten-printing”. My previous US visa was a F1 in 2003 but I don’t remember if I had a ten-printing. Any idea what I should select (Yes/no)?
    Thanks

In 2003, you were most likely not ten-printed.

Therefore, say no.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi,

Please let us know what is this TEN-PRINTING in DS-160 , What it means actually?

Regards,
      Abhay

Comment

Described at https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-ds-...l-information/
        Immihelp Support

Comment

Thanks for the input, Admnistrator.

Abhay, Typically, finger printing means index finder printing. I guess ten printing means printing all the 10 fingers for added security. I saw somewhere that this was introduced sometime recently. Hope that helps....

Comment

Immihelp:

Nice link. But can anybody tell, when this 10 fingerprint started? Because I visited india in 2007, but I don't remember that while stamping I had index finger prints or 10 finger prints. So, is there anyway to know that starting from which month and year this 10 fingerprint started? So, while filling this new DS-160, it will be easy to fill the form without any hesitation in mind.

Comment

I found this:
              The Department of State currently uses 10‑fingerprint scanners at most of its visa‑issuing posts and will complete deployment worldwide by the end of 2007.

That means any one getting visa after 2007 was ten-printed.

Regarding when exactly it started, at least in India, I will have to dig into our archives to see when we updated our own web page. I will try to find it out over the weekend.
              Immihelp Support

Comment

DS 160 Ten Printing

When did the "ten printing" finger prints start in Mumbai Consulate? I got my F1 Visa stamped on 10 July 2009 but I can't seem to recall if I was ten printed. Please help me to know if I should be mentioning Yes or No here.

Comment

Please call VFS helpdesk @ Mumbai to confirm.

Originally posted by VisaHelpInfo View Post
                  When did the "ten printing" finger prints start in Mumbai Consulate? I got my F1 Visa stamped on 10 July 2009 but I can't seem to recall if I was ten printed. Please help me to know if I should be mentioning Yes or No here.
                  Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

J k India

Yes, its true we are also fooled by J K peoples, they are working only for money by taking benefit of unavailability and lack of experts in certain areas, they charged me about 20000 rs for me and my partner.

Comment

ten printing after 2010 at hyderabad consulate?

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
                      I found this:
                      The Department of State currently uses 10‑fingerprint scanners at most of its visa‑issuing posts and will complete deployment worldwide by the end of 2007.

That means any one getting visa after 2007 was ten-printed.

Regarding when exactly it started, at least in India, I will have to dig into our archives to see when we updated our own web page. I will try to find it out over the weekend.
                      Hello Immihelp, I submitted my ds-160 form, but didn't schedule an appointment yet.

I am really worried about the ten printing field: i have a b1/b2 visa stamped from the hyderabad consulate in 2011. I don't remember if i was ten printed then. Can somebody help let me know if ten printing started in hyderabad much before 2011 and that all candidates appearing in 2011 were necessarily ten printed? I answered 'yes' to the question.

In case it's wrong, will this adversely affect my visa approval? Can I get it corrected at the interview site after confirmation? I am running out of interview slots and need to book one soon (I am not sure if I can wait over the whole weekend to call the VFS office while the slots get filled up). I hope you'll find some extra time to find the information from your records if possible. thanks in advance for your help.
                      Last edited by Kumaran Yadav; 07-14-2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Like I mentioned in the previous reply, if you don't remember, then answer NO. Since you haven't scheduled the interview yet, you can redo a new DS160 and schedule the interview using the new confirmaion number. Any false information in DS160 can lead to unnecessary issues.

Originally posted by Kumaran Yadav View Post
                        Hello Immihelp, I submitted my ds-160 form, but didn't schedule an appointment yet.

I am really worried about the ten printing field: i have a b1/b2 visa stamped from the hyderabad consulate in 2011. I don't remember if i was ten printed then. Can somebody help let me know if ten printing started in hyderabad much before 2011 and that all candidates appearing in 2011 were necessarily ten printed? I answered 'yes' to the question.

In case it's wrong, will this adversely affect my visa approval? Can I get it corrected at the interview site after confirmation? I am running out of interview slots and need to book one soon (I am not sure if I can wait over the whole weekend to call the VFS office while the slots get filled up). I hope you'll find some extra time to find the information from your records if possible. thanks in advance for your help.
                        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Kumaran Yadav View Post

Hi Kumaran,
                          I am in the same situation as you are. Please let me know if you are confirmed about the 10-printing. I had my F1 stamped in 2010 but dont remember if I was 10-printed or not. Have you had your visa interview? Did answering 10-printing question 'Yes' without being 100% sure created any issues?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X