Check Status of SSN - Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Status of SSN - Online

Hey guys out there, I applied for SSN on 27th Dec 2004 but still didn't receive any information regarding it.

Actually I want to know is there any online link (website) where I can find out the status of my SSN.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance n Have a gr8 time.

There is no such website.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hey guys out there, I applied for SSN on 26th Nov 2007 but still didn't receive any information regarding it.

Actually I want to know is there any online link (website) where I can find out the status of my SSN.

Comment

Ssn

Hi,

I have a different problem. In my passport, the last name is printed along with first name in the Given Names section. The sur name is left blank. That is Given Names is printed as "Sharmin Jose" and sur name is NULL. When my H1 came, the surname is given as "Sharmin Jose" and the first name is printed as "FNU" (First Name Used). How can I get it corrected?

Do I need to correct both my passport and visa? If I need to get it corrected, where should I submit my Passport? How much would they charge for it?

Also I applied for SSN on Dec 15th. How can I know the status of it?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
        Sharmin

Comment

What did you write on your I-94?

Your consulate will correct and spell what you want as First Name and Last name and note an observation on the passport. Visa can remain as is until next visa stamping but you will start filling the first and last name as needed for all forms after the correction on the PP.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

SSN Status

Hi Sharmin,

I have the same problem with my SSN card. I applied it on Dec 29th 2009.
            I still haven't received the card. How long did it take for you to receive the care?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
            Divya

Originally posted by sharminjose View Post
            Hi,

I have a different problem. In my passport, the last name is printed along with first name in the Given Names section. The sur name is left blank. That is Given Names is printed as "Sharmin Jose" and sur name is NULL. When my H1 came, the surname is given as "Sharmin Jose" and the first name is printed as "FNU" (First Name Used). How can I get it corrected?

Do I need to correct both my passport and visa? If I need to get it corrected, where should I submit my Passport? How much would they charge for it?

Also I applied for SSN on Dec 15th. How can I know the status of it?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
            Sharmin

Comment

SSN delayed due to Immigration check pending

Hi,

I moved from H4 to H1B. I applied for my SSN in September 1st week. I have not received my SSN even after 4 months. When i checked with SSA officer, they said my immigration check is yet to happen. System verification couldn't happen because of no last name. They need to mail my documents to Immigration office.

I dont have last name. In passport my First Name is: X Y , Surname: blank

In my I-797 the First Name is : X and Last Name is : LNU

In my H4 Visa First Name: FNU , Last Name: X Y

How to expedite this process to get my SSN soon...? Do i need to meet any immigration officer...?

Please advise.

Comment

Urgent

I am also facing same issue..How did you solved your isssue.please advice.

Comment

I am also facing same iss. First name with FNU.

Originally posted by msvk View Post
                  Hi,

I moved from H4 to H1B. I applied for my SSN in September 1st week. I have not received my SSN even after 4 months. When i checked with SSA officer, they said my immigration check is yet to happen. System verification couldn't happen because of no last name. They need to mail my documents to Immigration office.

I dont have last name. In passport my First Name is: X Y , Surname: blank

In my I-797 the First Name is : X and Last Name is : LNU

In my H4 Visa First Name: FNU , Last Name: X Y

How to expedite this process to get my SSN soon...? Do i need to meet any immigration officer...?

Please advise.
                  Hi,
                  If some one know how to to do follow up for SSN with this type of issue please let me know. Currently I am not having time to get the passport corrected. and due to SSN my insurance and salary is problem. I am tensed bec of this.

So please suggest.

Comment

This has nothing to do with US immigration (USCIS) or SSA (Social Security Administration). Your passport is the problem. SSA cannot create an SSN file without a last name. The last name must then be reflected in your USCIS file.

--Ray B

Originally posted by manishyadav83 View Post
                    Hi,
                    If some one know how to to do follow up for SSN with this type of issue please let me know. Currently I am not having time to get the passport corrected. and due to SSN my insurance and salary is problem. I am tensed bec of this.

So please suggest.

Comment

Social Security Check

Originally posted by urving View Post
                      Hey guys out there, I applied for SSN on 26th Nov 2007 but still didn't receive any information regarding it.

This is in response to this search. When you reach this website use the find tool in your browser (ctrl+f) on your keyboard. Look for you SS# starting with you first 3 numbers. Using this method will avoid paying them.

Comment

SSN not yet received

I applied for SSN 2 months back. I am still waiting to receive it. When I checked with SSN office, I was advised that they were waiting to hear from immigration office. Anyone experienced similar situation??

Comment

Originally posted by vvasanth View Post
                          I applied for SSN 2 months back. I am still waiting to receive it. When I checked with SSN office, I was advised that they were waiting to hear from immigration office. Anyone experienced similar situation??
                          Same issue here. Applied on Jan 21, 2016. Checked with SSN office, they told me about pending status from immigration office. Any advice for next steps?

Comment

Originally posted by vipindas View Post
                            Same issue here. Applied on Jan 21, 2016. Checked with SSN office, they told me about pending status from immigration office. Any advice for next steps?
                            Hi,

i have applied for my SSn on 12th April,2016.

After, reading in the forum i went back to the office with the receipt exactly after 14days & they told me that your case went thru on 12th itself & your SSN has been mailed to your mailing address.

I rechecked my Mailing address which was given in the SSN form & it was absolutely correct.

they asked me to wait for 3-4 days & then to return back if still not received. The lady told me that they will re-issue a new card .

But, my point is that we are allowed to re-issue only 3 cards in a life time. its error from their end, that the card did not reached to me.

Visited local post office, spoke to the delivery guy but, nothing worked out.

Kindly, advise what should i do?

Comment

Originally posted by nitinpashu View Post
                              Refrain from spamming this forum with multiple posts on the same topic.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X