A bit of background information:
• I’m currently in the US on a TN Visa that expires in April 2012. My I-94 also has the same expiration date.
• My wife is a USC. We have been married two and a half years and have a 15 month old boy. He is also in the US on a TD Visa, same dates as mine.
• We want US Citizenship for my son, but my wife does not meet the required 5 years living in the US. My wife’s mother (also a USC) does meet the 5 years.
• I want to become a permanent resident. Because of my work I must leave the US to visit other countries (then return to the US office for normal work).
• We don’t want to leave the US. All paperwork/interviews and other procedure would prefer to be done in the US.
I know I need the I130, I485 and the G325 form for myself. Do I also need the I131 and the I765 forms?
And for my son, can we file the n600k while living in the US? Or can we file the n600? Or is it better to file the I130 and I485 asking for permanent resident status for him along with my filing, then the n600 for citizenship after he gets permanent resident status?
Thanks for the help!