Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on DS160 form

Hi Friends,

I am filling DS160 form for my fiance. We are getting married on March 14th, she is planning to attend the interview after March 14th. Now, in the marital status column, what i have to select? Single or Married?
    Anyway, now she is single, but while attending the interview, she will be my wife.....

I dont know what to select...bcz, i tried with single, but, later in the other steps, i m facing some problem because of that...

Help please....

You are filling an application for the visa interview. So all the information that you enter there is as of the visa appointment date. So you need to fill in as married.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you so much for the help.

Comment

I was in a similar situation. I too filled it as married assuming you would have the marr. cert to show you were married at the time of the interview.

Comment

But, while filling this application, she is single rite ?? will they ask this question?? bcz, how can she select married when she is single?

Comment

When you fill the application doesn't matter. What matters is whether she will be married on the date of the interview or not.

Originally posted by itssara View Post
            But, while filling this application, she is single rite ?? will they ask this question?? bcz, how can she select married when she is single?

Comment

Hi,

As mentioned - status is as of Interview date - so should be Married.

but make sure she has the MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE with her when she goes for the Interview.

Thanks and Regards,
              Abhay

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys

For the past 2 days, i have been trying to fill the form, but i m not able to do it. The website is very slow and frequently i m getting page cannot be displayed error. Any problem with their server??

Is there any other way than this online filing?

Its irritating me to the core. I tried more than 40times. I even reached the final stage and got session expired error.....

Comment

From this site, find the contact details for the consulate office where you are planning to visit. And call them and just confirm that if you can download and fill it with hands and then send them through courier. Because before 2-3yrs, this alternate options where also available.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]

Comment

There are no more paper forms available for US visa. The only option is to fill it online. It is unfortunate that the government web site is having problems and that is the only way to fill them. There is no other option than to live with it and keep trying.
                    Immihelp Support
                    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

unable to complete DS160 online...slow servers?

itssara,
                      I am facing the same problem - random time outs and page cannot be displayed errors. Were you successful in completing the form? I checked with VFS help online - I talked to a representative and also mailed them today, they mentioned that they are aware of the problem and will address it in the earliest, not sure where that leaves us...

Does anybody know if this an ongoing issue with the online procedure for DS160? Apparently VFS had similar issues when they initially launched the site. Was this ever resolved...
                      Last edited by brownbag; 03-04-2010, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Yes, it is an ongoing problem.
                        Immihelp Support
                        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

DS160 clarification needed

Hi, Recently I came to India for my first h1 stamping at chennai after change of status from f1 to h1 , went for interview during april 2011 but my visa was denied under 221g.
                          I applied new petition through a different employer in june and got the approval in july mid, i am now filling up the ds160 for my interview , here i am stuck at the employer information,

like whom should i show as my Present Employer,(either the current petitioner or the old employer)?

If it is the old employer what end date?

As i have not worked for the old employer since april and also not paid, I have my last paystub until march 2011, how can this be justified to the VO, since i have not started any employment in mean time in my home country.

pls help me on this.

Comment

If you are currently working in India, then mention that employer's name. If not, you can mention unemployed / not working.

Originally posted by vik2011 View Post
                            Hi, Recently I came to India for my first h1 stamping at chennai after change of status from f1 to h1 , went for interview during april 2011 but my visa was denied under 221g.
                            I applied new petition through a different employer in june and got the approval in july mid, i am now filling up the ds160 for my interview , here i am stuck at the employer information,

like whom should i show as my Present Employer,(either the current petitioner or the old employer)?

If it is the old employer what end date?

As i have not worked for the old employer since april and also not paid, I have my last paystub until march 2011, how can this be justified to the VO, since i have not started any employment in mean time in my home country.

pls help me on this.

Comment

Need help on DS160 form

Thanks for ur reply. I have not worked in India since i came back from US on april 13 and earlier visa interview was on 26th april, will this impact the future interview in any ways if i am going to mention as unemployed and dont have the paystubs for 4 months (april to july)

Also while filling up the old employer details what end date would be apt.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X