Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI timeline

Hello,

Can you please inform me how it takes to obtain OCI after mailing the doucments to Washington DC embassy/ Thanks you,
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Several months.
    Immihelp Support

Comment

Thanks. If I apply now will I be able to make the trip to India at the end of May?
      Immihelp Support

Comment

No.

I recommend you get Indian visa meanwhile.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

Thanks so much for your prompt help! I appreciate it. Is this time frame true for PIO or is it any faster? How many weeks does it take for PIO card? Thanks
          Immihelp Support

Comment

PIO is faster. Still you may or may not have enough time.

Take India visa for now and after you come back, look into PIO or OCI.
            Immihelp Support

Comment

OCI Tracker - My Experience

I applied for an OCI card in August. Here is my timeline (Houston Consulate). I hope this helps others to plan. Remember, the expected times stated on Travisa Outsourcing's web site are "Business Days" and not regular days. Of course, Travisa being as organized as they are, fail to mention this anywhere on their web site.

Date/Time Action
              07/19/2011 9:57am CST Service order form completed online
              08/03/2011 12:50pm CST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
              08/04/2011 8:59am CST Application assigned for processing
              08/04/2011 9:39am CST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
              08/08/2011 12:32pm CST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
              08/10/2011 9:22am CST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
              08/10/2011 10:30am CST Documents received by Consulate
              08/15/2011 2:00pm CST Pending approval of the Government of India
              10/17/2011 3:29pm CST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
              10/25/2011 12:35pm CST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
              10/25/2011 12:35pm CST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
              10/26/2011 9:14am CST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
              10/27/2011 8:59am CST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
              10/27/2011 10:09am CST Documents received by Consulate
              11/09/2011 11:22am CST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Waiting for mail courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

Comment

Service order form completed online last year .before Travisa Outsourcing

Can I now complete/ mail OCI application to Travisa Outsourcing??

Comment

Hi iyeronfire

I see it took around 2 months from changing the status from Pending to OCI Card received.
                  Do you know why it was pending that long or did India gov/consulate request any additional info or documents during that period?
                  Is the Pending status common for OCI and takes 2 months to go to next status?

I have submitted OCI app for my son and the status is Pending from 10/14/11.

Thanks

Comment

OCI status updated from pending to:

OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.

Comment

Talanki,

No they did not request any additional information. That is simply how long it took for the Houston Consulate to send the documents to India and then get them back. Make sure your paperwork is 100% and complete all the checklists. Send them more information than they ask for just to be safe, and you will be fine.

Thanks

QUOTE=talanki;252298]Hi iyeronfire

I see it took around 2 months from changing the status from Pending to OCI Card received.
                      Do you know why it was pending that long or did India gov/consulate request any additional info or documents during that period?
                      Is the Pending status common for OCI and takes 2 months to go to next status?

I have submitted OCI app for my son and the status is Pending from 10/14/11.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X