Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake on DS 160

Hi,

My husband completed the DS 160 form for the visa interview. He made a mistake on the form and we have already submitted it electronically, however, we still haven't schedule the visa interview date.

1) can he change the form DS 160 that is already submitted
    2) should I fill new DS 160 form and use the new barcode while scheduling the interview date? Will that create any issue?

Thank you for your responses!

You can delete the application and recreate it before scheduling the appointment date.

If it is a small change, then you can get the help of VFS helpdesk.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Radhika:

As per my knowledge, even after you have submitted it, you can correct the application. As per my knowledge, it will use the passport number + mother maiden name + hdfc receipt number as a password to modify the application. So, try with that.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]
      Originally posted by radhikayg View Post
      Hi,

My husband completed the DS 160 form for the visa interview. He made a mistake on the form and we have already submitted it electronically, however, we still haven't schedule the visa interview date.

1) can he change the form DS 160 that is already submitted
      2) should I fill new DS 160 form and use the new barcode while scheduling the interview date? Will that create any issue?

Comment

Milda,

That used to be the case when DS-156 was being used.

Now with DS-160, there is no way to make changes the way you are suggesting.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

@ Shervin: How can I delete the application that I have submitted?

Comment

If you haven't booked the appointment yet, you can fill the DS-160 application again (By selecting "Start New Application") and use the new bar to book the appointment. The old application will automatically get deleted at a later time (You don't have to worry about that).

For more information, call the VFS helpdesk.

@ Shervin: How can I delete the application that I have submitted?

Comment

My mistake. Thanks for sharing the right one.

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
              Milda,

That used to be the case when DS-156 was being used.

Now with DS-160, there is no way to make changes the way you are suggesting.

Comment

No problem.
                Immihelp Support
                No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you very much for all your prompt responses. I really appreciate it.

My husband and I are planning to go to the visa interview together. While scheduling the appointment:

1) is it sufficient to use only his DS 160 barcode?
                  2) where/how do I indicate that I will be going along with him to the interview?

Thank you!

Comment

I entered the wrong visa date on DS 160

I have submitted my DS-160 online and received a confirmation plus appointment schedule for February 14. As I was reviewing the app form I printed out, I saw that the year I entered for "Date Last Visa was Issued" was 2007 instead of the correct info, 1999.

I've read that no changes can be made online anymore. Will this erroneous entry create any problems? Will I get the chance to have the entry modified at the screening desk in the embassy?

Thank you in advance for your reply which I hope to get before my scheduled interview which is the day after tomorrow.

Comment

You need to choose the family option while filling the application.

Thank you very much for all your prompt responses. I really appreciate it.

My husband and I are planning to go to the visa interview together. While scheduling the appointment:

1) is it sufficient to use only his DS 160 barcode?
                      2) where/how do I indicate that I will be going along with him to the interview?

Thank you!

Comment

Check with the VFS helpdesk to see if they can help you fix this. You can also cancel the appointment and book a new one with the correct information.

Originally posted by menorah73 View Post
                        I have submitted my DS-160 online and received a confirmation plus appointment schedule for February 14. As I was reviewing the app form I printed out, I saw that the year I entered for "Date Last Visa was Issued" was 2007 instead of the correct info, 1999.

I've read that no changes can be made online anymore. Will this erroneous entry create any problems? Will I get the chance to have the entry modified at the screening desk in the embassy?

Thank you in advance for your reply which I hope to get before my scheduled interview which is the day after tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                          Check with the VFS helpdesk to see if they can help you fix this. You can also cancel the appointment and book a new one with the correct information.
                          Thank you for the quick reply. I shall try the help desk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X