Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding renewal of passport

Hi, I have few questions regarding renewal of passport application:

1) Photo: The instruction say 3.5cm X 3.5 cm, however, the form mentions 2" X 2" photo. Which one is right one?
    2) Question 9 on page #2, 'Local car driving license number': US DL or India DL No.?
    3) Question 12 on page #2, 'how long has pplicant continuosly resided abroad?': should I mention the duration since my first entry in US or most recent entry in US?
    4) Question 13, page #2, 'Present emigration status (ECR or ECNR)': I am working in US on H1B, so I should click ECNR, right?
    5) Question 19, page #2, 'Name & add of 2 friends/relatives': Friends in US or India?
    6) The instruction says, "Passport should be registered online and after taking the printout, information in the blank spaces should be handwritten. Return address and telephone nos. must be mentioned": I didn't find any link to register my passport online. Where I have to mention the return address. While filling the application, I have mentioned my India's address as my permanant address and my US address as my 'other address'.

Please advice. It will be appreciated.
    Thanks,

Originally posted by ABC_XYZ View Post
    Hi, I have few questions regarding renewal of passport application:

1) Photo: The instruction say 3.5cm X 3.5 cm, however, the form mentions 2" X 2" photo. Which one is right one?
    2) Question 9 on page #2, 'Local car driving license number': US DL or India DL No.?
    3) Question 12 on page #2, 'how long has pplicant continuosly resided abroad?': should I mention the duration since my first entry in US or most recent entry in US?
    4) Question 13, page #2, 'Present emigration status (ECR or ECNR)': I am working in US on H1B, so I should click ECNR, right?
    5) Question 19, page #2, 'Name & add of 2 friends/relatives': Friends in US or India?
    6) The instruction says, "Passport should be registered online and after taking the printout, information in the blank spaces should be handwritten. Return address and telephone nos. must be mentioned": I didn't find any link to register my passport online. Where I have to mention the return address. While filling the application, I have mentioned my India's address as my permanant address and my US address as my 'other address'.

Please advice. It will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    1. 2" X 2"
    2. US DL, if you have one.
    3. Most recent entry
    4. ECNR (for all applicants who apply in US)
    5. US friends shud be OK (but requirements might vary depending on processing office)
    6. registering online means submitting online application form. You need to take a hardcopy of the appln form and submit it to the consulate

hope this helps!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X