Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong date on I-94

Hi all,

I changed companies while I was in US, and got my H1b successfully transferred. After that I went to India on vacation and while entering back to US, I forgot to show my new I-797 which is valid till 11/2011 and just gave the CBS officer my passport. So he stamped my I-94 till the visa expiry date that is 4/25/2010.

So now my question, is it ok to ignore the I-94 expiry date as I have another I-94 on the H1B which is valid till 11/2011? or will I be out of status after April 25th. Some people I spoke with say that its ok if you have a I-94 that has greater validity period (my case - my I-94 on H1B)

or do i need to do something to get the I-94 in my passport to reflect the date on the I-94 on my H1b?

Please advice.

Thanks.

How in the world do you still have the I-94 that came with the extension? You were suppose to return it when you left the country. If you didn't do that, then you will have to return it now.

Check this
    Returning an Uncollected Form I-94 Back to U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Read about the last action rule in the forum. The last received I-94 takes precedence over all the other I-94 that you have. If the I-94 from the POE is the latest, then your status will expire on April 25th. You can go to the near CBP post and try to correct your I-94, or you will need to leave the country and re-enter or you will have to file for an extension again.

Originally posted by getback7008 View Post
    Hi all,

I changed companies while I was in US, and got my H1b successfully transferred. After that I went to India on vacation and while entering back to US, I forgot to show my new I-797 which is valid till 11/2011 and just gave the CBS officer my passport. So he stamped my I-94 till the visa expiry date that is 4/25/2010.

So now my question, is it ok to ignore the I-94 expiry date as I have another I-94 on the H1B which is valid till 11/2011? or will I be out of status after April 25th. Some people I spoke with say that its ok if you have a I-94 that has greater validity period (my case - my I-94 on H1B)

or do i need to do something to get the I-94 in my passport to reflect the date on the I-94 on my H1b?

Please advice.

Thanks.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X