EB1-EA Some advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1-EA Some advice please

I am hoping to file for an EB1 in the coming weeks. I would be attempting to meet the USCIS requirement of three supporting pieces of evidence.

I own, and am accountable, for a set of features in an IT company (80,000+ employees). My team consists of over 20 people and have significant importance. These features have been featured in a number of publications such as NY Times, BBC News, TV adverts, etc. however they do not specifically mention my name.

Does anyone know if I am able to meet the "Evidence of published material about you in a professional or major trade publications or other major media" criteria?

Huge thanks in advance for any help!

I don't think so.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you for your super fast response.

It sounds like the publication has to specifically mention my name and be about the field I work in, correct?

Assuming the above holds true, I was featured in a national magazine that wrote a entire article about me. I've also been quoted in a few publications from the likes of Forbes. Will that help my case?

Also - how does USCIS look at things such as blogs, podcasts and similar. Is being featured in a podcast also something I can use?

Thanks again!

Comment

Eb1 ea

Originally posted by aca03dah View Post
        Thank you for your super fast response.

It sounds like the publication has to specifically mention my name and be about the field I work in, correct?

Assuming the above holds true, I was featured in a national magazine that wrote a entire article about me. I've also been quoted in a few publications from the likes of Forbes. Will that help my case?

Also - how does USCIS look at things such as blogs, podcasts and similar. Is being featured in a podcast also something I can use?

Thanks again!
        Hi It does, very much help your case. In simple terms, if you have following you will win

1. Publications, first author ~3-5
        2. Citations of each publication
        3. The above you have mentioned that an article written about you (may be it is a small impact journal)
        4. If you have reviewed others publication and/or on editorial board
        5. You are a member of some societies which invite/nominate candidates (These days USCIS is not accepting Sigma Xi so chose the ones in your speciality area).
        6. If you have a job offer as an Assistant professor (need not be a job but an offer if if if if if if you become green card holder......if you are good with your chair he might be able to draft one for you)

Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X