F1-visa Renewal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1-visa Renewal?

Currently I am on F1-visa and my visa is expiring on July 26, 2010. I have already got OPT extension of 17 months and my new OPT card will expire on July 11,2011 (next year). I want to renew F1-visa.

I contacted International Student Office of my university and here is what they replied.

"You will be required to apply for a new F-1 visa at the US Embassy in your home country. Typically, US embassies are instructed to consider OPT part of your F-1 status. Many students have obtained a new F-1 visa whilst on OPT. "

Does US embassy in India consider OPT part of my F1-status?
    Is it true?

I contacted US embassy in India. According to them, I must apply in USCIS California Service Center as I am in US now. I should apply in US Embassy of India only if I am in India.

Do you know what is the application procedure of F1 visa renewal in USCIS California Service Center?

If yes, please send me the instructions, fees details and list of required document.

Thanks.

F1 renewal

Hi, I am in a similar situation with extended OPT but expired F1. Can you please share your experiences?
    where did u apply finally, USCIS california or Indian embassy.
    I need to travel to India urgently.

How long did the process take?

Thanks
    nipun
    [email protected]

Comment

You will need to apply for the Visa in India just like you did the first time. Chances of approval are high. But you will need to prepare property documents or other proofs and convincing, true answers that you will return to India after completing OPT.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X