Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 extension after passport renewal

Hi,
    When I entered in US in Dec 2009, I got the I94 till Aug 2010, as my passport is expiring in Aug 2010 (my H1 visa is valid till nov 2012). Now, I have renewed and got my new passport form chicago indian embassy. I would like to update my I94 now and would CBP issue new I94 from chicago office or I need to apply I539 to USCIS. Can anybody please let me know the process?

contact CBP. They will give you the new I94 or atleast redirect you for the right process.
    Your last Port of entry was in Chicago? If yes then as per my knowledge you can get it from there also.
    Originally posted by aa_b View Post
    Hi,
    When I entered in US in Dec 2009, I got the I94 till Aug 2010, as my passport is expiring in Aug 2010 (my H1 visa is valid till nov 2012). Now, I have renewed and got my new passport form chicago indian embassy. I would like to update my I94 now and would CBP issue new I94 from chicago office or I need to apply I539 to USCIS. Can anybody please let me know the process?
    Last edited by milda; 04-09-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

you need to contact CBP since you already have new I94. I think they just need to update that on your passport. Talk to them

Comment

I just walk in to CBP deferred inspection site in chicago and they updated my I-94 after looking at the new passport and I797. thanks......

Comment

need help

hi,
          i am in the same situation as yours. my passport expires in aug 2011. i am going for visa stamping which i may get till 2012 as per my i-797. my i-94 may be given till aug 2011. i have to extend my i-94. could any one please suggest me where to contact. my port of entry will be los angeles.

Comment

I-94 Extension

Any Guru's with the answer..........
            I am in same situation.

Comment

If you already have approved petition for later date than I-94, file for extension of stay (I-539).

Comment

I-94 Extension

Thanks for your reply. I have H1 B ending Sep 2012 where passport is expiring July 30th and at the border CBP officer enter the stamp for July 2010 (when passport is expiring). Since i have renewed the passport and I-94 is expiring end of the July and don't want to exit with the family (where spouse and 2 children passports also expiring in august and nove 2010 --including their I-94 as well to the last date of passport expiration---and all of them have new renewed passports) and looking to way to extend while staying in US. Do i need to fill or send the copy of entire I-129 or approved I-797 ?
                Thanks

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I94 extension after passport renewal

Hi, I got my I94 till my passport expiry date OCT 2014. I have renewed my passport and want to get my I94 renew till my L1 visa expiration.

I went to deferred CBP chicago at 536 South Clark street, but the officer said that I need apply for renewal with Form I-539.
                    I don't understand why i need to apply for renewal as I already have a L1 visa valid till April 2015.

Can someone help me with the correct information please. I am at Chicago

Thank You!
                    Raghu

Comment

i 94 extension

Originally posted by raghublr View Post
                      Hi, I got my I94 till my passport expiry date OCT 2014. I have renewed my passport and want to get my I94 renew till my L1 visa expiration.

I went to deferred CBP chicago at 536 South Clark street, but the officer said that I need apply for renewal with Form I-539.
                      I don't understand why i need to apply for renewal as I already have a L1 visa valid till April 2015.

Thank You!
                      Raghu
                      Hi Raghu,
                      I am also in same situation. Have you got the new i94 date. If yes...Please how do you get that one.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is planning to go for mexican border to renew i94 date. Please share ur experience. If anyone planning please let me know i will join with you guys.

Comment

I9 Extension

Hi Raghu,
                        I am also in same situation. Have you got the new i94 date?. If ur planning, please let me know i will join with you.

Thanks,
                        Devendran

Originally posted by Devendran View Post
                        Hi Raghu,
                        I am also in same situation. Have you got the new i94 date. If yes...Please how do you get that one.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is planning to go for mexican border to renew i94 date. Please share ur experience. If anyone planning please let me know i will join with you guys.

Comment

Hello Raghu

Originally posted by raghublr View Post

Thank You!
                          Raghu

Hi Raghu,

One of the person in the same blog mentioned that he got it sorted out by visiting the deferred inspection site in Chicago . I am not sure at what address he went , but I see you going to address @Clark Street and the lady there is anything but cooperative . Anyways want to check if you have got your I94 extended or not . I am also in the same boat and some of your words may help me and many others here . Thanks in advance .

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by mdeva14 View Post
                          Hi Raghu,
                          I am also in same situation. Have you got the new i94 date?. If ur planning, please let me know i will join with you.

Thanks,
                          Devendran

have you sorted this out ?? Please let me know in case you are planning to go to Mexico border or trying to sort it locally . Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by mdeva14 View Post
                          Hi Raghu,

Thanks,
                          Devendran
                          hey Mdeva14

have you sorted this out ?? Please let me know in case you are planning to go to Mexico border or trying to sort it locally .

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Devendran View Post
                          Hi Raghu,

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Devendra,

have you sorted this out ?? Please let me know in case you are planning to go to Mexico border or trying to sort it locally . Actually I am also in exactly same position and in Chicago .

- - - Updated - - -

I just walk in to CBP deferred inspection site in chicago and they updated my I-94 after looking at the new passport and I797. thanks......
                          Could you please share the address where you went ? I just want to know whether it was in Chicago or Rosemont or airport ? . Please help me out here . I am also in same situation .

- - - Updated - - -

Hi aa_b,

cd u pls tell us what address did you go to . Was it on clark st chicago , airport or rosemont . Any help is appreciated .

Comment

I have the same situation, my passport expires in 2015 but my L1 is valid till 2017. Immigration officer told me to enter and exit US to get I-94 date corrected, can I go to Canada or Mexico to get it changed?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X