X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endorse Spouse Name in Passport

Hi Experts,

I am in need of few suggestions pls...

My L1 Visa expired on Oct 2008 and since then I am in US on Extension, which expires on Oct 2010. I am travelling to India on a 3 week vacation (July 2010) for my marriage, I am planning to bring my wife back to US.
    - Is it mandatory to add my name to my wife's passport before I go to PAI ?
    - How long does it take to make this spouse name change in Passport ?
    - Will my passport need to be updated with my wife's name?
    - I will have just 9 working days in India after marriage, before I have to return, Is it possible to get my Visa stamped and also my wife's dependant visa stamped within this time?
    - Changing the Spouse name in Wife's passort will affect any L2/L1Visa documents?
    - Will this all name changes impact in anyway for the Flight ticket booking?

Please advise

Hi Experts,

I am in need of few suggestions pls...

My L1 Visa expired on Oct 2008 and since then I am in US on Extension, which expires on Oct 2010. I am travelling to India on a 3 week vacation (July 2010) for my marriage, I am planning to bring my wife back to US.
    - Is it mandatory to add my name to my wife's passport before I go to PAI ? No.
    - How long does it take to make this spouse name change in Passport ? I guess, now a days it is faster. May be it can take 2 days to 2 weeks. Not sure about passport rules.
    - Will my passport need to be updated with my wife's name? Not necessary
    - I will have just 9 working days in India after marriage, before I have to return, Is it possible to get my Visa stamped and also my wife's dependant visa stamped within this time? Depends on Visa officer, your supported documents and your luck. Hard to predict. But if you both are going together and if you are getting the visa, then on the sametime she should also get the visa as she will be your dependant.
    - Changing the Spouse name in Wife's passort will affect any L2/L1Visa documents? Not at all.
    - Will this all name changes impact in anyway for the Flight ticket booking?
    As per my knowledge, the name in the Flight ticket should be same as name in passport. So, check with the airline or agent about your situation before booking the ticket.

Please advise
    [Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]

Comment

thank you...

thanks for the quick response milda...

Comment

reg:How long does it take to make this spouse name change in Passport ?

Hi,
        I recently added by spouse name to my passport and it took only a day for me to do it.. Better catch up some agency so that u can add the same faster.
        Generally if you go in person it may take few days.
        All the best for u married life!

Comment

endorse spouse name

hi m vishav brar from punjab...my problem is that i applied for my childs passport minor ...but for that our passport office directed us to get spouse name added...but when we applied for childs passport they issued us the file no with our existing passports..dats not all even they sent an police enquiry for passport..now please tell me that if there is any rule for compulsory addition of spouse name..we even attached a copy of marrige registeration...

Comment

Originally posted by vishvbrar View Post
            hi m vishav brar from punjab...my problem is that i applied for my childs passport minor ...but for that our passport office directed us to get spouse name added...but when we applied for childs passport they issued us the file no with our existing passports..dats not all even they sent an police enquiry for passport..now please tell me that if there is any rule for compulsory addition of spouse name..we even attached a copy of marrige registeration...
            Hi Vishav, How did you made it work? I am also in the same situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X