Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 and green card filing

Hi,
    I am posting this for a friend of mine. Could someone please help ?

I am currently in US on H-1 and my wife is on H4. In the next few months, I will be filing my labor certification for permanent residency. My wife has got admission in a university to pursue MS studies. We are trying to decide what is the best option for her.

1. Firstly, can my wife study in a Masters' program on H4?

OR

2. Can she apply for change of status from H4 to F1 to allow her to work on-campus or does this pose a risk for visa stamping as F1 is a non-immigrant status visa and I am applying for green card leading to immigration?

If there is no risk and she applies for change of status from H-4 to F-1, what is the procedure for conversion? Also if she travels outside US after change of status from H4 to F1 visa, will the authorities outside USA cause problems when she wants to re-enter USA considering the fact that I am at a certain stage on the greencard process ?

3. If she wants to do a PhD later, can she do it with financial aid while still on H4 visa status considering the fact that I am at a certain stage on the greencard process?

Thank you in advance for your help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X