Error in my wife's passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in my wife's passport

I got CP interview next week. My wifes passport got wrong place of birth. We got correct place of birth in her birth affidavit.

1. Can I ask her to prepare affidavit for wrong place of birth in her passport
    or
    2. Can I postpond the interview and change the passport first.

I understand 2nd one will take lot of time and effort.

Please guide me as soon as possible.

I got a affidavit for this and my CP interview got it thru. I got my GC

Comment

Hi Sethupati - We got similar problem

I'm from India. The name ( Name1) in the passport doesn't match with the name ( Name2) in the birth certificate. The name mentioned in the birth certificate wasn't used anytime in my life. All through my schooling, bachelors I didn't use this name (Name2). My I-140 is approved and I'm waiting for priority date now. In LC and I-140 application the name (Name1) was provided as per passport. I approached the city officials regarding this issue and they said that they can issue the birth certificate with the name mentioned as Name1 alias Name2 or Name1 aka Name2 even though all my school certificates use only Name1. While filing the I-485 would this be an issue and how do we resolve this issue.

Option 1: Just file the I-485 application with the facts and explain the situation in writing.

Option 2: File a name change application in India. The irony is that I never used this name any where. If this is done ,then what would happen to the information that we have already mentioned in LC and I-140 applications till now. Since I never used the name Name2 anytime in my lifetime, I didn't mention this in LC/I-140/H1 B applications.

How do I address this issue.

Comment

Change the name

Originally posted by JeanMe View Post
        Hi Sethupati - We got similar problem

I'm from India. The name ( Name1) in the passport doesn't match with the name ( Name2) in the birth certificate. The name mentioned in the birth certificate wasn't used anytime in my life. All through my schooling, bachelors I didn't use this name (Name2). My I-140 is approved and I'm waiting for priority date now. In LC and I-140 application the name (Name1) was provided as per passport. I approached the city officials regarding this issue and they said that they can issue the birth certificate with the name mentioned as Name1 alias Name2 or Name1 aka Name2 even though all my school certificates use only Name1. While filing the I-485 would this be an issue and how do we resolve this issue.

Option 1: Just file the I-485 application with the facts and explain the situation in writing.

Option 2: File a name change application in India. The irony is that I never used this name any where. If this is done ,then what would happen to the information that we have already mentioned in LC and I-140 applications till now. Since I never used the name Name2 anytime in my lifetime, I didn't mention this in LC/I-140/H1 B applications.

How do I address this issue.

You can change the name in the birth certificate... Just apply to the gov department where you can get change on it..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X