Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO Form in Washington DC doesn't require original US passport

Hi Immigration Forum,

I went to Washington DC website recently and have seen in the PIO form that original US passport is not required for PIO card while sending my mail.

I went to your editable PIO form of Washington DC and it is still stating tht original US passport is required while submitting the application by mail.

Can you please clarify, if original passport is required to send at washington Dc while sending the application by mail.

regards
    Dinesh

Any Updates

Does anyone recent did their PIO card from DC, Pls let me know if the original US passport is mandatory to send via mail.

As i see in DC website it has not mentioned even in the PIO form to send the original US passport. Pls clarify.

Comment

The form on the CGI-DC web site does not require an original passport, so I'd use that. It would be consistent with the instruction on the web page:

2. Notarized copy of first two pages of passport. Please send the original passport only if it has a valid visa to India

Note the qualification about valid visa to India. If you have that you should send original passport.

Comment

Passport must

After reading instructions in application, i got confused.
        Directly i went to to ebassy to apply my kid PIO, they took the orginal u.s passport.
        So passport is neccessary, forget about the instructions what u read in application.
        That is india embassy

Comment

Originally posted by zk12 View Post
          After reading instructions in application, i got confused.
          Directly i went to to ebassy to apply my kid PIO, they took the orginal u.s passport.
          So passport is neccessary, forget about the instructions what u read in application.
          That is india embassy
          They should never take your passport as they do nothing with it unlike OCI.

How on earth they are going to provide the emergency VISA within the period the PIO is getting processed.

Again this is another B.S. So don't go, just mail "notarized" copy of passport.

Comment

When I go the web site of Embassy of India, Washington DC and click on PIO card link, it says page not found. It seems that the link is broken.

Have other found the same thing?
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

It is working for me as of 2030 Central Time. Must have been fixed.

Comment

Reg PIO card applied in DC

Hi,
                I applied PIO card for my daughter born in US
                I applied through mail to Embassy of India,Washington DC
                Amazingly,I got it in 10 business days
                Only notarised copy of all docs are needed,no need to send any original

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthi_Rao View Post
                  Hi,
                  Would you mind sharing when (date) you applied?

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthi_Rao View Post
                    Hi,
                    From this thread it looks like we don't need to send the Original US passport.

Can you please let me know which PIO application form i need to use.. I have just posted the information in other thread.. The one showiing on the Embassy site is Completely different than the one in the Immihelp (online fillable). Since you have applied recently, can you please point me the exact link of the PIO application form.

Thanks
                    Sree

Comment

If you're applying to the DC Embassy, use the DC Embassy form:
                      It’s 2021, and it’s time to make some changes. From now on, Indianembassy.org will run under a new name: UKMoney.net. You will find the latest news and honest online broker reviews. Go to the UKMoney.net homepage.  

It's noted at the bottom of the form to send originals of all documents. As it conflicts with the web page, it's your call on what to do, but I'd suggest sending notarized copies of the docs. If they want originals they'll contact you.
                      Last edited by curtdfw; 06-11-2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the Reply.

ImmiHelp Admins, please update the Form on the site, as its useful for lot of people who are using this site as reference.

Thanks
                        Sree

Originally posted by curtdfw View Post
                        If you're applying to the DC Embassy, use the DC Embassy form:
                        It’s 2021, and it’s time to make some changes. From now on, Indianembassy.org will run under a new name: UKMoney.net. You will find the latest news and honest online broker reviews. Go to the UKMoney.net homepage.  

It's noted at the bottom of the form to send originals of all documents. As it conflicts with the web page, it's your call on what to do, but I'd suggest sending notarized copies of the docs. If they want originals they'll contact you.

Comment

We have updated the form few days ago.

Could you please verify and post your findings either way or contact us at info [at] immihelp.com?
                          Immihelp Support
                          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X