Questions regarding AOS interview for parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding AOS interview for parents

Anyone could shed any lights on the following questions would be high appreciated. Applied for I-130 and I-485 concurrently in Feb 2010 and figure prints in March in New Jersey. Just received AOS interview letters for both of them while I-130s are still pending. We are nervous about it as most parents seem to get straight approvals without interviews.

Questions:

1. Could I (the sponsor) go with them to the interview as my parents don't speak English? If I can't go, can my husband go instead?

2. My parents have overstayed their visitor visa (they asked for an extension but were denied) before I sponsored for their GC. Would it be a problem for their applications and interviews?

3. I sent in the original documents with I-130 and I-485 like birth certificates, and affidavit of support. But the interview letter asked for bring the originals. What to do? Would the officer have the originals from my I-130 petitions or I-130s are being processed at different centers?

Thanks in advance for the answers.
    XY

Hi Xmyang,

Congrats on getting the GC for your parents. My parents are going for interview this week. What did you do for the documents like the birth certificate, affidavit etc which were sent to uscis originals along with the appln. Also did you go in along with them. Did your parents need an interpreter and did you do it for them. Your response will be highly useful. Thanks,
    Kousi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X