Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling All F2A's (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great jlev4. Good luck.

One question to you, in the I-864 and I-864A forms - any sponsor submitting their pay stubs should be in originals or photocopies are acceptable?

Comment

Originally posted by visjig View Post
      Unfortunately there is no processing time for NVC. Your best option is to call USCIS on 1-800-375-5283.

Let me know what they say when you call.

Let us find your file!!!!!!!!
      OK i will call USCIS.

Sir can u inform me about timeframe to get visa after recieving the form DS-3032 and further steps?

Comment

Originally posted by Barikhan View Post
        OK i will call USCIS.

Sir can u inform me about timeframe to get visa after recieving the form DS-3032 and further steps?

I would say atleast 5-6 months if all your documents are perfect and there is no postal delay. Also the interview appointment would depend on how busy your local embassy is.

What country are you doing your consular processing from?

Comment

Paystubs

@visjig

The instructions for the I-864 say 'paystubs' not copy of paystubs.

However, we didn't submit any paystubs before for 2 visas for 'parent of citizen' and they got approved with no question.

This time for the F2a 'minor child of permanent resident' I printed out a copy of the electronic paystub and sent it in. There isn't an actual paystub as it's all online.

If the tax returns don't show high enough income, I think it's wise to send paystubs, but if the tax returns are consistently high, paystubs aren't required.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no processing time for NVC. Your best option is to call USCIS on 1-800-375-5283.

Let me know what they say when you call.

Let us find your file!!!!!!!!
            Today i recieved the e-mail from NVCresearch and informed me that my petition is located in St. Bernardeno field office of USCIS. Can u inform me when it will reach to NVC.

Comment

Originally posted by jlev4 View Post
              @visjig

The instructions for the I-864 say 'paystubs' not copy of paystubs.

However, we didn't submit any paystubs before for 2 visas for 'parent of citizen' and they got approved with no question.

This time for the F2a 'minor child of permanent resident' I printed out a copy of the electronic paystub and sent it in. There isn't an actual paystub as it's all online.

If the tax returns don't show high enough income, I think it's wise to send paystubs, but if the tax returns are consistently high, paystubs aren't required.
              Cheers for that reply.

Also another question in DS-230:-
              1.) Q 32 - Where it wants you to list all employment in the last 10 years. I have been employed by the same company for the past 7 years but I'm not in the same job title when I originally started with the company. Meaning for the first 3 years I worked with a different job title at a different location and since then I've had a promotion at a different location. So do I mention the same employer twice giving different job titles, their different locations and their respective dates?

2.) Q 35 - It want you to list previous visits to US. Where it says location, do I write the Port of Entry to the US location OR do I write the end destination. And in the "Type of Visa", I entered US under the Visa Waiver Program so what do I put in that field?

Thanks for your answers.

Comment

Today i recieved the e-mail from NVCresearch and informed me that my petition is located in St. Bernardeno field office of USCIS. Can u inform me when it will reach to NVC.
                Good news. Atleast they have located the file.

Now tell me are you presently in the US or outside? Also what is your priority date in the Notice of Action.

Comment

Originally posted by Barikhan
                  i am from Pakistan.. and my priority date is August 1, 2008.
                  Does that mean that you currently are in Pakistan and your consular processing will be done by embassy in Pakistan?

........ well my priority date is 29-July-2008 and I am about to submit my I-864 and DS-230. So I am far ahead compared to your situation. Don't be disappointed you will hear from them soon.

Did USCIS say anything when you called up about when they are going to forward the file to NVC?
                  Last edited by visjig; 07-01-2010, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Does that mean that you currently are in Pakistan and your consular processing will be done by embassy in Pakistan?

........ well my priority date is 29-July-2008 and I am about to submit my I-864 and DS-230. So I am far ahead compared to your situation. Don't be disappointed you will hear from them soon.

Did USCIS say anything when you called up about when they are going to forward the file to NVC?
                    Ok sir,
                    i did not call USCIS, i got the message from NVCresearch. Can u tell me about what is touch phone.. it is different from other telephon sets being used at home.

Comment

Ok sir,
                      i did not call USCIS, i got the message from NVCresearch. Can u tell me about what is touch phone.. it is different from other telephon sets being used at home.
                      There are two kinds of phone dialling systems one is touch tone and another is pulse dialling. In old days there used to be pulse dialling in which you had to wait 4-5 seconds before dialling each digit of the telephone number. In touch tone dialling, it is straight away you dial the whole of the telephone number without any delay. I think nowadays Pakistan also has touch tone dialling system.

Call up USCIS and ask them an approx time when your file is suppose to be transferred to NVC.

Comment

There are two kinds of phone dialling systems one is touch tone and another is pulse dialling. In old days there used to be pulse dialling in which you had to wait 4-5 seconds before dialling each digit of the telephone number. In touch tone dialling, it is straight away you dial the whole of the telephone number without any delay. I think nowadays Pakistan also has touch tone dialling system.

Call up USCIS and ask them an approx time when your file is suppose to be transferred to NVC.
                        i have recieved the approval notice in third week of May but still on USCIS website the status of my case is not changed and automated system at USCIS give me a same information as mentioned in the website (RFE)

Comment

Ds-230

@visjig

Q.32 Being clear and honest is best so I would mention the same employer twice giving different job titles, their different locations and their respective dates.

Q.35 I put end destination, (not the POE) and "Visa Waiver Program"

Comment

Originally posted by jlev4 View Post
                            @visjig

Q.32 Being clear and honest is best so I would mention the same employer twice giving different job titles, their different locations and their respective dates.

Q.35 I put end destination, (not the POE) and "Visa Waiver Program"
                            Thanks jlev4 you are a life saver.......... also can you be a star and have a looksy at my thread "Questions on I-864" and please suggest me.
                            "

Comment

I-130 petition filing

hi, i am new to this and i need some advise:
                              I'm currently in US on the F1 status, and i'm married to green card holder.
                              we are planing to apply for i-130 and i'm wondering if anybody has a time frame of how long it will take to be approved (if anybody filed it recently)?
                              also if you have some advise on what to include to the package:
                              i know i have to include i-130, g-325 from me and my husband, marriage certificate.
                              we also have joint lease on the property.
                              Do i have to include my status papers???
                              thanks!!!

Comment

Here you go.............

Originally posted by rinitka View Post
                                hi, i am new to this and i need some advise:
                                I'm currently in US on the F1 status, and i'm married to green card holder.
                                we are planing to apply for i-130 and i'm wondering if anybody has a time frame of how long it will take to be approved (if anybody filed it recently)?
                                also if you have some advise on what to include to the package:
                                i know i have to include i-130, g-325 from me and my husband, marriage certificate.
                                we also have joint lease on the property.
                                Do i have to include my status papers???
                                thanks!!!
                                Hi rinitka,

Welcome to this thread.

I am not experienced in applying from within the US but read this https://www.immihelp.com/family-base...ons-in-us.html (Read the topic Marriage to Permanent Resident)

If you have any further questions/queries please post.

Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X