Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Find
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default same situation

Hi IceCode,

I am in the same situation like urs. Have you found more info about your situation?

@Icecode,

As your wife (that's if u married already) filed for Naturalization yet ? If not how many months is left for her to be eligible to file for Naturalization. ( She can always file for it three months before the actual date she is eligible to file for naturalization).

If she has already filed for Naturalization and she hasn't really committed any crime and has been law abiding this whole time then in the next six months she will become a citizen.

I will advise you wait til she becomes a citizen before you file any petition to uscis. Don't do it while she is still a Perm Resident because then you into a queue and then you have notify them again when she becomes Citizen. Too much hassle.

Thanks.

Please I need your help in the forum. I got to the US by December last year 2011, went to my school for registration and the rest. But along the line I was out of status because of my I-20 stuff. My wife is here already (a citizen, she came down to our country for engagement with the hope of getting married later in US). We got married three (3) weeks after I got to the state.Then a week later I was out of the status.

MY QUESTIONS:

1. Can she file for me now without any consequence
    2. I have put in i-539 for my reinstatement, SHOULD WE WAIT for the result before SHE FILES for me
    3. If my reinstatement is turned down, can she still file for me
    kindly help out!

Quote Originally Posted by mikoti View Post
    Please I need your help in the forum. I got to the US by December last year 2011, went to my school for registration and the rest. But along the line I was out of status because of my I-20 stuff. My wife is here already (a citizen, she came down to our country for engagement with the hope of getting married later in US). We got married three (3) weeks after I got to the state.Then a week later I was out of the status.

MY QUESTIONS:

1. Can she file for me now without any consequence
    2. I have put in i-539 for my reinstatement, SHOULD WE WAIT for the result before SHE FILES for me
    3. If my reinstatement is turned down, can she still file for me
    kindly help out!

Yes, she is a full citizen. Now that am out of F1 status, can she file for me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12