when will the status change for parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when will the status change for parents

Parents are in US. I applied GC for them in April 1st week. I received the receipt for I-130 and I-485. Received notice for finger printing which was done on 11th May 2010. Their visitor visa will expire on 16th July 2010. When will the status change. Can they stay in US after 16th July 2010?

Meanwhile we got a notice to send the copies of bith certificates. I sent the affidavit of birth fro relatives. We will send the non availability of birt certificates and again the affidavits. Is that good enough?

1. Yes.
    2. You need to send everything at once as response to RFE.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

They are legal as pending adjustment the moment you received the I-485 notice.

Comment

immihelp!

I will ask the administrator to clear this matter. Once I-485 is filed with USCIS, a person becomes legal to the extent until USCIS either approves or denies the application. But what about ICE. There are lots of incidents where ICE has put people on removal proceedings (some of them had I-485 pending), independent of USCIS, for violating the terms of their non-immigrant visa. So shouldn't the inteding applicants be warned about this?

Comment

Where is the violation in this case?
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X