I 130 petition moved to another center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 130 petition moved to another center

I wanna clear a doubt if some one can reply me please. I have applied I 130petion for my brother. I got a reply recently that this case now has been transferred to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. But I am unable to find any I130 option on USCIS website under NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTRE. I live in VA what could be the center in this case? I was looking to know the processing time online. But it asks the name of center among the four (Texas, Nebraska, California and Vermont). Is it a mistake or all cases go to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTRE first.
    Any reply would be appreciated.
    Last edited by shagi; 05-25-2010, 07:16 AM.

Originally posted by shagi View Post
    I wanna clear a doubt if some one can reply me please. I have applied I 130petion for my brother. I got a reply recently that this case now has been transferred to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. But I am unable to find any I130 option on USCIS website under NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTRE. I live in VA what could be the center in this case? I was looking to know the processing time online. But it asks the name of center among the four (Texas, Nebraska, California and Vermont). Is it a mistake or all cases go to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTRE first.
    Any reply would be appreciated.

Hi,

I believe that you must have received I-797 NOTICE OF ACTION to tell you that your case has now been transferred to the "Department of State National Visa Center" (NVC). Is this the case? Then that I-797 will have "Priority Date" on the top left side. As and when your priority date becomes current in the monthly Visa Bulletin, the NVC will start processing your case. Unless that happens, it will be with NVC.

As for your case being with which center - It is very complicated to which jurisdiction your case goes to so you don't have to worry about that. The various processing times shown on USCIS website are the times that it takes your application from submission till it gets to the NVC. Then it is the visa bulletin you need to look at.

I hope this answers your question. If this answer is wrong or mis-guided, please can the admin let me know so I can correct myself as well.

Comment

AT VISJIG:
      I have not recieved any 'I-797 NOTICE OF ACTION'. This is the first time I got any reply from USCIS for this case since I applied it. It says that t is transferred to 'NATIONAL BENEFIT CENTER' not 'National Visa Center'. You misunderstood my question altogether. Any body from admin please ??

Comment

Shagi:

I had same situation. Calif Svc Cntr sent it to National Benefits Cntr. I too was confused as NBC did not have an option for I130. A few months later it was transferred to NVC. It seems that yours is the same pattern. Don't think its anything to worry about but I understand your concerns.

Comment

It is really strange. I got this letter in Dember 2009. Now already 6 months have passed. How long it took yours to move to NVC from National Benefits Centre?

Comment

I don't remember how long. Probably a few months to a year. Certainly wasn't years ! Check your case status on line every month or so and it will tell you when it is transferred to NVC. It will turn out ok. This is a long process. That I can certainly tell you. Good Luck.

Comment

How to check status online ? I am unable to find any option of NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTRE on dropdown menu in USCIS website.

Comment

Ignore the National Benefits Center. It won't stay there long but it will stay at the NVC for a long, long time. When you go to the USCIS website look for "CHECK MY CASE STATUS". Type in your receipt number and it will tell you which department your case is at. Again, it may still be at NBC but that won't be that long - in comparison to when it gets to NVC and have to wait for a number.
                Cheers !

Comment

But there is no option of NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTRE on dropdown menu in USCIS website. Any other senior member please ?

Comment

There is no option for the I130 at NBC. I was just as confused and concerned as you as I could not understand how they could tell me it was transferred there, when NBC had no option for I130. I later realized that it was just the process it had to go thru before it got to NVC.

Comment

hey you guyzz... butter n shagi " i have this same situation my brother filed my case I-130 and i got the mail my case was transfered to NBC and then few weeks ago got another mail yours case is transfer to USCIS center for being process... and after 1 month got another mail and asking evidence so.. relax.. and waiting for another mail and i think it will be approved in 5 to 6 month

Comment

Hi Herry,
                        What evidence they wanted from you, if u can share so that I can be ready>?. In my case i got a mail in december 2009 that my case is transferred to NBC and after exactly 2 days another mail saying that my case is now pending in the centre to which it was sent. Since then not heard anything. Probably it a waiting game now. Is your case in NVC now ?

Comment

no not yet NVC is the second stage... they asking relationship evidence for example i send "school certificate" or different types of documents to proof my relationship actually they ask 3 or 4 evidence to proof your relationship now i'm waiting for next step...
                          step 1 is to approve your case then you send your approval to NVC and waiting your VISA number....!!!

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X