F2 application DS 160- SEVIS id info at end of application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 application DS 160- SEVIS id info at end of application

i was helping my wife with filling her F2 information on DS 160. towards the end it said "You have indicated the purpose of your visit is to be student or exchange visitor" and asked for SEVIS id. She had already said NO when asked if she is the principal applicant and had my information as the principal applicant. the confirmation page at the end said bring passport, proof of SEVIS fee payment and DS 2019 for interview. My questions are
    1. why did it indicate she that her visit is to study even when she said she is not the principal applicant
    2. SEVIS id at the end - is it her SEVIS id on her dependent I-20 or principal applicant's (my) SEVIS id
    3.why did it ask to bring DS 2019 when it should be I 20 for F2.

your case

I think since you are the principal applicant, and her's is a dependent VISA so it showed her as a student ( category F), SEVIS fee receipt is the same as used by you earlier, this I confirmed with USCIS. DS 2919 is the question I too am looking for to get answered. Hope it eased the matter a bit.

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Can you please let me know what have you filled for the SEVIS ID which was asked towards the end of the application? IS it the dependents or the person bearing the F1 status?

Also please share your experiences if you have already been for the F2 visa. I am also applying F2 visa for my husband.

Comment

Hi
          I have a question related to this topic:
          F2 (the dependant) should have the same SEVIS id as the F1 (principal applicant)?
          Or the SEVIS id is personalized, meaning different per person?
          If differ, than at the end I think the dependent (F2) should input his/her SEVIS id. Can someone confirm my supposition?

Comment

Hi,
            I am on F1 and my wife is taking F2 visa interview soon. In principal applicant I put my wife name in DS 160 form , I guess that is a mistake. Is it going to be a problem? I submitted the form and took confirmation. Can that information be changed now without changing the interview date. I also put her SEVIS id in the last page.
            Thanks.

Comment

Did you figure out the I-20/DS 2019 stuff? I too have the same problem. Thanks

Comment

F2 application DS 160- SEVIS id info at end of application

I am also an F2 applicant and I am facing the same problem. My DS 160 confirmation page is showing DS 2019 rather than I-20 where as it shows I-20 for my husband who is an F1 applicant. I have called VFS several times. however I havent received any proper reply.

I have tried clicking the (yes option) in the question ( Do you want to study in US) and only in this case my confirmation page shows I-20.

However I do not feel that this is the correct way as I am a dependent and do not intent to study in US.

Can anyone advice on how this works?

Comment

Facing the same issue

I faced the same issue in that when filling out the DS160 for my wife, it printed in the confirmation page to bring ds2019.

I was doubting that I may have entered something incorrectly in the application but seeing many others facing the same issue, I believe it may be a system processing issue.

In any case, I went for my visa today with my wife and she was not asked to produce DS2019 but I-20, which she had from the university's international office.

However, another interesting thing I noticed is regarding the Sevis ID. I had to request a revised I-20 for adjusting personal funds numbers but surprisingly, the original and the revised I-20 showed the same SEVIS id for me, but for my wife it was different (consecutive to my number) but same as mine in the revised I-20.

I do not know what to make of it but if anyone has any insights, please let me know.

Comment

F2 visa rejected due to principal applicants info is incorrect

Hello,

I have got a F1 visa and in USA now from last two months. I have applied for F2 visa for my wife and it got rejected.

The reason cited is that in my DS-160 (application for Visa), the marital status mentioned as "single"

How can we update my DS-160 status to "Married" as I got F-1 visa already? Please suggest.

Thank you

Comment

Can anybody who recently filled f2 ,tell me if date of marriage has been asked in form or not?

Comment

Originally posted by st0015 View Post
                        Can you please let me know what have you filled for the SEVIS ID which was asked towards the end of the application? IS it the dependents or the person bearing the F1 status?

Also please share your experiences if you have already been for the F2 visa. I am also applying F2 visa for my husband.
                        Sevis should be the I-20 number. If you check the I-20 they call it sevis too, put it there first and try to save it but not submit it, if it is one it will not give error but if it is not it will give error. This is so bcos the number that will be there has been customized.

Comment

My husband already gone to U.S on F1.
                          i alongwith my child has to apply for f2 visa and will be travelling without husband.
                          i wanted to ask what i have to write in PURPOSE OF TRIP TO U.S i have selected academic or language student(F)?is it ok?
                          Then further it asks SPECIFY?I have selected spouse of an F1(F2)..Is it ok?
                          Then it asks for principal applicant information.In that field i shall write my husband name and surname?

One more question..sevis id is asked only at the end of application?SEVIS ID of mine and sevis id of principal applicant(i-e my husband)

In U.S point of contact i have to write my husband details?

In do u have any immediate contact in U.S...there again i have to give my husband info?

thanks...

urgent help required

Comment

Originally posted by vikasam View Post
                            Hello,

I have got a F1 visa and in USA now from last two months. I have applied for F2 visa for my wife and it got rejected.

The reason cited is that in my DS-160 (application for Visa), the marital status mentioned as "single"

How can we update my DS-160 status to "Married" as I got F-1 visa already? Please suggest.

Thank you
                            You can do notarized sworn affidavit in USA to update your information from immigration, then your wife can now reapply base on marital status. If somebody I know inform Embassy few months to his travel date of divorce of his wife who is also in USA and his record is updated, then u too can update your record by writing them. so call their customer line for a more guide by telling them what you want and they will tell you what to do. Don't tell them your wife is come just tell them you are trying to update ur records.
                            Last edited by Ola1974; 06-27-2016, 06:42 PM. Reason: regular

Comment

I am Currently in the process of bringing my wife to US on F2

Originally posted by hinameher View Post
                              My husband already gone to U.S on F1.
                              i along with my child has to apply for f2 visa and will be travelling without husband.
                              i wanted to ask what i have to write in PURPOSE OF TRIP TO U.S i have selected academic or language student(F)?is it ok?
                              Then further it asks SPECIFY?I have selected spouse of an F1(F2)..Is it ok?
                              Then it asks for principal applicant information.In that field i shall write my husband name and surname?

One more question..sevis id is asked only at the end of application?SEVIS ID of mine and sevis id of principal applicant(i-e my husband)

In U.S point of contact i have to write my husband details?

In do u have any immediate contact in U.S...there again i have to give my husband info?

thanks...

urgent help required
                              While filling the DS-160 information, anywhere you see information of the primary applicant or information regarding close relation, fill in your husband's information. If you are planning to travel to the US on an F2 basis, you need to get F2 dependent i20 with a sevis number, for which your husband need to submit financial, marriage proof along with spouse's passport to get the i20 to his university. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I am currently in the same shoes and trying to get as much as info that I can get to get back to the US safely with the future wife.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X