Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's happening to the Surrender cert. refunds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's happening to the Surrender cert. refunds?

There is no more references to references on the Indian Consulate, NYC .

What's happening the the refund of $155?

The SF consulate has this posted on their home page:

The issue of refund of any part of renunciation fee already paid by applicants till 31 May 2010, if applicable, has been taken up with the Government of India. The decision when received will be uniformly applied to those concerned and the information will be put on our website when available. Meanwhile no email/phone queries will be entertained.

Comment

seems like they are returning the application

A friend of mine who had applied for SC prior to the rule change from $175 to $20, received an email from the NY consulate that he needs to pay $20 + $20 mailing fee (reapply the who thing again). The old application will be returned per the email.

He hasn't received it yet.

I am also in the same boat and haven't received any email from them

Comment

Originally posted by skris View Post
        A friend of mine who had applied for SC prior to the rule change from $175 to $20, received an email from the NY consulate that he needs to pay $20 + $20 mailing fee (reapply the who thing again). The old application will be returned per the email.

He hasn't received it yet.

I am also in the same boat and haven't received any email from them
        ===========

The consulate (chicago) returned the package (and the $195 MO) and told me to resubmit it with $20 and additional $10 for return shipping.

1. My friend in Boston was told to send $20 + $20 shipping charges, but I was told to send $10. Not sure if they are referring to the shipping charges for the package that I received, since they had returned $195 back to me. Am I supposed to send 50 instead of 30?

Any ideas?

Comment

Hello,

I am writing this because I think it's not fare!
          - I got my US Citz. in March 2010
          - I applied for OCI card for my family in mid April 2010
          - Some time in May I got email from consulate I should get Indian Passport Surrender Certificate with in 90 days or there may be fines
          - So asap I did and paid $390 ($175 fee + $20 postage) for me and my wife
          - I got Surrender Certificate which is again same forms with sign of consulate officer. That's ok
          - NOW with in a month consulate changed rule/fee from $175 to $20
          Any one got US Citz. before 1st june 2010 will pay only $20
          - I got my US Citz. in March 2010 and paid $175 because just for one month they had this rule to pay $175.
          - When I contacted consulate (NYC) they said I will not get refund. Which I think I should get back at min. $310.

What you guys think?

- Ashok
          Last edited by aojha; 06-11-2010, 04:56 PM.

Comment

This is what they told me

To: [email protected]
            Subject: RE: India Consulate NY Website Query
            Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:00:57 -0400

As of now, the fee already charged as applicable on the day of service rendered is not being refunded. If there is any further development on this issue, we'll keep you informed through our website.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X