GC Interview for parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC Interview for parents

Hi, My parents will be going for their GC interview this week. I would like to know if someone can share their experience and what documents to take along. My dad might need an interpreter. Wondering if I can be the interpreter or should I take some one else along. Also I submitted the birth certificate, marriage certificate, affidavit etc in originals along with the application. Do we have to take them again for the interview.

Thanks for the quick response

You can ask for the interpreter to the consulate. Whether they would allow or your not depends upon the consulate.

If you have already submitted the originals, you don't have to submit them again. (In fact, you can't. Can you?)
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I recently went with my father for his interview. I took originals and 1 photoste each as per the check list, sent along with interview letter. I was not allowed as interpreter so my wife played that role. Interview officer asked my father's evidence of birth related documents (Non availability certificate/affidavits/other government issued documents which had Name and birth date information), my birth certificate, my citizen certificate. Government issued id's for 3 of us. Officer mainly asked all the questions asked in I-485 form i.e. mainly yes/no, question about any overstaying etc.
      She kept photostate copy of each document and returned the originals. In your case parent's marriage certificate also may be required. Mainly please refer to the checklist, they must have sent with the interview letter.
      It was all easy though, no tension!

Comment

Thanks for the response. I do not have originals. I do have copies of everything. My mom can speak english. Can she be the interpreter for my dad.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X