No announcement yet.

can nvc change my interview location ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can nvc change my interview location ?

Hi All
    I am about to send my ds230 forms and civil documents to nvc...and my present location is mumbai-india
    My file is estimated to be current next month visa buletin of aug
    My company is transfering me to our London office and i am in the process of applying for Uk workpermit.
    If i request nvc to change my interview location to london..will they allow ? or will i be required to come in person to mumbai..(i cant get 3 weeks leave to come back to india..as you know passports are required to be submited to vfs 10 days before interview)

OR should i only send the ds230 forms when i reach london...please advise..

agm

Your best bet is to phone NVC and speak to them before you submit your forms. You need to remember that you'll need to submit police certificates from India if you get London as your interview. This could be a hassle as you'll be in London and to procure the police certificates in India could be a headache. Also Indian Embassy in London gets you your police certificates from India but that take 3 months (personal experience).

Do you have NVC's phone number?

Your best option is to just keep the appointment in India and go through with that.

Comment

hi
      Thanks for your response. I have got a pcc from indian passport office already..and they have stamped Pcc for usa on my passport. I was planning to send that pcc copy from passport office to nvc along with ds230 and then once they arrange my interview with US embasy i was planing to take the district police certificate. But then my office has given me opportunity in london which i wanted to pursue.

Well i can show this to London indian embassy and they can get me a pcc ..may be I can request them.

Re
      Agm

Comment

Originally posted by mehta_agm1979 View Post
        hi
        Thanks for your response. I have got a pcc from indian passport office already..and they have stamped Pcc for usa on my passport. I was planning to send that pcc copy from passport office to nvc along with ds230 and then once they arrange my interview with US embasy i was planing to take the district police certificate. But then my office has given me opportunity in london which i wanted to pursue.

Well i can show this to London indian embassy and they can get me a pcc ..may be I can request them.

Re
        Agm
        Well from my personal experience dealing with Indian Embassy London, you will be banging your head on a wall. As I said earlier the PCC from Indian Embassy London will take atleast 3 months to come through.

As far as I know one of my friend who is an Indian Citizen submitted two kinds of PCC for his immigration to USA on F2A category; one from the local police station and one from the district or state police.

But the main question is will NVC allow you to have your interview and medical in London when the visa issue process is nearing its end!!!!!! Call up NVC immediately and speak to them.

Comment

Read https:///us-embassy-consulate-jurisd...a-through-nvc/
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks immisupport. I read through the article and it says aslong as i have a valid proof of being overseas..i can change my interview location by sending them(nvc) email or writing to nvc ..coz technically my application is still with nvc.
            Yesterday i have emailed the indian high comission to understand how long would it take them for issuance of pcc as i already have got 1 from passport office. I am aware that if i am planning to take appointment in india then i will also have to take the pcc from district police station.

In either case let me first check with US embassy in mumbai..and see what they suggest.

Agm

Comment

well I had emailed Indian high commison in London on the time line for a pcc. They said there are 2 ways to apply for a pcc.
              Through Post
              You are required to send your passport , passport photocopy, form duly filled, £15/- as Postal Order in favour of High Commission of India and a stamped self-addressed special delivery envelope for return of your documents. The procedure may take about 2 months, subject to the clearance.
              In person
              You may visit our High Commission at the Consular Section from Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 12 noon along with your passport, photocopy of passport and a fee of £15/- as cash. Your passport will be seen and returned to you immediately. The procedure will take about 45 days after which you will be required to submit your passport in the morning and you will be given your Clearance Certificate in the evening between 4.30pm & 5.30 p.m subject to clearance.

To be on safer side i am also applying for my district police clearance in mumbai.
              Last edited by mehta_agm1979; 06-14-2010, 01:19 PM. Reason: to provide additional info

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X