Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card applicants query

Hi there
    My parents both have been living in the us for a long time n are us citizens last year n applied for a dual citizenship with india as well.
    They have applied for my greencard last year , I'm unmarried n of 30 yrs of age.
    My question is that can I apply for a visit visa in this period ? as I want to visit them for a short period of time, the uscis web site states that I cannot live there or work there till the process gets over.
    Thank you in advance

well you can apply for a visitor visa..but you have to show strong ties back to your home country.

Comment

Suppogu,
      I think you should apply for a visitors visa before you begin your GC processing..Maybe you can go for a short vacation to the US and then you can begin your GC process..That way you will be able to travel(mostly) to the us even after u have started your GC process,as you would have a valid visitor visa.I think they give a 5 or 10 year visitor visa...As i've read somewhere that once you have applied for GC,the chances of getting a visitor visa is very low you become a potential immigrant and they can reject you. good luck with your GC.

Comment

Originally posted by kavithakavitha View Post
        Suppogu,
        I think you should apply for a visitors visa before you begin your GC processing..Maybe you can go for a short vacation to the US and then you can begin your GC process..That way you will be able to travel(mostly) to the us even after u have started your GC process,as you would have a valid visitor visa.I think they give a 5 or 10 year visitor visa...As i've read somewhere that once you have applied for GC,the chances of getting a visitor visa is very low you become a potential immigrant and they can reject you. good luck with your GC.

HIs parents have already applied for his GC. Even i had GC application ..and I applied for a visit visa which was given to me. I told them that i will be returning back as i have my job and part time studies which i have to complete. Mention that your parent hav filed for a gc application on visit visa form...and tell them that u dont plan to overstay your visit..its just vacation and seeing places like lasvegas, grandcanyon, niagra falls etc..
        If u are lucky u will get it

agm

Comment

Immigration Beneficiary applying for Visitor Visa

Hi,
          To go to US basically there are two categories of visa:
          1) Immigrant Visa
          2) Non- immigrant visa
          Once you applied of immigrant visa you will automatically intended immigrant to US and will be ineligible for non-immigrant. It will be really hard to prove US embassy that you will return.
          I applied for visitor visa to go to my sister’s wedding. I was not desperate to go because I knew I’ll have my green card through my parents but my sister really wanted me to be there for her wedding, I applied and got Rejected.
          The tone of the counselor was so harsh that I felt like a criminal and promise myself that won’t step into embassy until I have strong paperwork. This might not be true for others also.

Comment

Originally posted by shahibya View Post
            Hi,
            To go to US basically there are two categories of visa:
            1) Immigrant Visa
            2) Non- immigrant visa
            Once you applied of immigrant visa you will automatically intended immigrant to US and will be ineligible for non-immigrant. It will be really hard to prove US embassy that you will return.
            I applied for visitor visa to go to my sister’s wedding. I was not desperate to go because I knew I’ll have my green card through my parents but my sister really wanted me to be there for her wedding, I applied and got Rejected.
            The tone of the counselor was so harsh that I felt like a criminal and promise myself that won’t step into embassy until I have strong paperwork. This might not be true for others also.
            I think all of it depends on case to case basis..my mom was denied her tourist visa so many times..but then once when she applied she got the visa even though her immigrant visa was pending. So i guess its luck factor and also how strongly u are able to convince the oficer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X