Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proof of domicile-family based visa

Hello everyone,
    My wife just had a visa interview today at Montreal Consulate. She didn't get the visa because the officer asked for my proof of domicile in the US.
    I have everything ready to mail it to the consulate in MOntreal (bank statement, tenancy agreement, phone bill, etc.)
    My worry is- how long it takes for them to issue the visa after they receive these proofs of domicile because my wife already gave notice to vacate the apartment on july 21, 2010 and the apartment is rented out to some one else.

I understand that we should not have taken such hasty decision to vacate the apartment but since my visa interview went smooth a butter, I thought my wife will have no problem. She went for the interview with all the documents that they asked for.

Please can some one tell us how long will the consulate people take after they receive my documents.
    Thank you so much.

you have not mentioned what category of visa u/wife applied for.
    Are u not based in US..whos the petitoner ? If you are the petitoner then you have to be in US...to show strong ties to US..or u must be filling the US tax returns overseas etc..Your query cannot be answered unless u provide some more details about ur case

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X