i 130 approved,but not received at nvc after 3wks,please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOS within USA

I just want to let those friends who are already in USA holding a valid visa and who are the beneficiary of an approved I-130 petition and their priority date is current now, they can file for AOS; I-485 immediately without having to wait to receive any further correspondence from NVC or to locate their case etc.
    I just got it confirmed via immigration lawyer, you can also discuss it with an immigration lawyer.
    My priority date is March 16th, 2008 and I-130 approved and am currently in USA and was just waiting for any further correspondence from NVC because even after 90 days i didn receive any letter from, contacted NVC who informed that they have not received my case and asked to send a query to nvc research office which i did 10 days ago with no response back. Finally talked to the lawyer who told me that i dont have to wait for this correspondence from NVC and file I-485 straight away.
    Thanks to all of you for sharing your insights in this regard.

Comment

Hi molu0212 and all,

I am a newbie in this forum. Actually just registered today. Thanks molu0212 for creating this thread because I am in the same boat as you were earlier.
      My I-130 was approved on July 20 but NVC hasn't received it yet. I have already sent copy of my approval notice to [email protected] a week ago and still waiting for their reply. I doubt if my case is also transferred to LOS.
      By the way, how did you know that your case was in LOS molu? Did NVC tell you so?

Lets share experience, thoughts and have all come together for the best way out.

Thanks.
      Last edited by romeo_J; 08-11-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I 130

hi all
        i just have my petition in NVC on Aug.17.Finally!And now i am traing to expedite the process to the consulate.
        cheers

Comment

Congrats Mgor for getting your case @ NVC.

I have been waiting since a month now and still not arrived at NVC. Went to my congressman yesterday. This is so frustrating.

Comment

I130

Originally posted by romeo_J View Post
            Congrats Mgor for getting your case @ NVC.

I have been waiting since a month now and still not arrived at NVC. Went to my congressman yesterday. This is so frustrating.
            i know buddy.i have wait 4,5 months for my docs to reach nvc!!!!!!!!and still have many things to do!
            good luck!keep posting

Comment

Did you do expedite at NVC mgor? What was the result? What document did you send to NVC for expedite request? Pls. share ! Thanks !

Comment

Some of you folks seems to be confused. NVC handles cases for immigrants intending to come to US after their petition is approved and their Priority Date is current.
                On the other hand if you are already in US, you have to file I-485 AOS (Adjustment of Status). If you were outside US when the petition was filed but now in US, you just have to inform NVC that you will be adjusting your status instead of consular processing.
                Good Luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X