Surrender Certificate for Indian Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrender Certificate for Indian Passport

I became US citizen in 1981. Since then I must have traveled India at least 10 times. During these trips no body asked about the cancelled passport. I don’t know what happen to my old passport. More likely I have destroyed it. Now I don’t have any details, e.g. passport number, issue date, etc..

For OCI application consulate is asking old passpot cancellation certificate for which surrender certificate is necessary. The police report is one way of meeting the requirement. But, unfortunately the details are not available. I am totally lost here. I don’t know what to do.

I am sure there are number of people in similar situation. I just wonder some of them might have already gone through OCI procedure. I would like to hear their experience and ways to cope with government requirement.

Originally posted by kiritcdesai View Post
    I became US citizen in 1981. Since then I must have traveled India at least 10 times. During these trips no body asked about the cancelled passport. I don’t know what happen to my old passport. More likely I have destroyed it. Now I don’t have any details, e.g. passport number, issue date, etc..

For OCI application consulate is asking old passpot cancellation certificate for which surrender certificate is necessary. The police report is one way of meeting the requirement. But, unfortunately the details are not available. I am totally lost here. I don’t know what to do.
    I am in exactly in the same situation as you. I posted a few days ago, here is my thread.

I have had lot of views but no suggestions.

I emailed the consulate here is San Francisco as that is the only way of contacting them. I will update you when I hear from them.

You mentioned a Police report is a way around it. I would like info on that.

Is that report from the Police in India or Elsewhere ?

thanks.

Comment

OCI card and lost Indian passport

I have a PIO card , but do not have a copy of my cancelled passport. How do I apply for an OCI card? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X