Can we change the file from one processing center to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we change the file from one processing center to another

My brother who is living in CA has filed I130 for my sister who is residing in NY. This has been filed a year back in CA. My question is can this file be moved to another center to Vermont center from California as my sister is living in NY. The reason why we are looking at this option is that the processing time is little shorter here.

Should the processing center be based on the address of the sponsor or can it be on the beneficiary too.

Look forward to your guidance.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by paul_pushparaj; 06-25-2010, 02:39 PM.

You can't do that.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Q.)My question is can this file be moved to another center to Vermont center from California as my sister is living in NY. The reason why we are looking at this option is that the processing time is little shorter here.

A.) NO, can't be done. If I am not being too intrusive, can I ask what status does your sister have to be in the US?

Q.)Should the processing center be based on the address of the sponsor or can it be on the beneficiary too.

A.) The processing center is based on the address of the petitioner only. We all have had this thought long ago as well but unfortunately nothing can ben done to change the processing center

Comment

If that were possible everyone will flock to the center that has the least time. So what you are asking is an absolute NO.

Where you file is determined by where you are located.

Sure you can file an application where you are located and your sister can file another different application. You can withdraw on when the other moves quicker and gets approved.

I have had few Employment based GC applicants do this... as a safety specially when they have very less time to get Labor approved.

Comment

Guys,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I checked the status and it is in preliminary review state. Do you know how long will it stay in this state and what would be the next step. I know it is difficult to give exact details. But with your experience give me some approximation.

One more question. Is it possible to file one more application with vermont center - based on beneficiary's address.

Once again thanks a lot for your guidance.

Comment

No.
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X