X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on I-864

Hi All,

I have a few questions about some parts of the I-864:-

Q 1. In Part 1, As I am the petitioner so I will be filling out I-864 and to support my sister is going to fill out I-864A. So in Part 1, do I check box "a" or do I check box "e" - being one for me and another tick for my sister.?

Q 2. In Part 5, it says DO NOT COUNT ANYONE TWICE. In Part 5, 21 c do I enter 01 as I am married. If I do that then my husband will be counted twice - once in 21 a and second time in 21 c? as I am sponsoring my husband who is out of the country. Any suggestions.

Any answers will be appreciated.
    Last edited by visjig; 07-01-2010, 01:10 AM.

Originally posted by visjig View Post
    Hi All,

I have a few questions about some parts of the I-864:-

Q 1. In Part 1, As I am the petitioner so I will be filling out I-864 and to support my sister is going to fill out I-864A. So in Part 1, do I check box "a" or do I check box "e" - being one for me and another tick for my sister.?
    Q 2. In Part 5, it says DO NOT COUNT ANYONE TWICE. In Part 5, 21 c do I enter 01 as I am married. If I do that then my husband will be counted twice - once in 21 a and second time in 21 c? as I am sponsoring my husband who is out of the country. Any suggestions.

Any answers will be appreciated.

A1) a- you are the petitioner in I864.
    Your sis will be filling out a separate i864a

A2)you are married so by default 1. Read instructions page 6 i864

Make sure you do notcount any individual more than once, since in some cases thesame person could fit into two categories. For example, yourspouse (whom you would enter on line 21c) might also be alawful permanent resident whom you have already sponsoredusing Form I-864 (line 21f). If you included your spouse online 21c, do not include him or her again on line 21f.

So my guess will be you donot put anything on 21a. But wait for other members to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by mehta_agm1979 View Post
      A1) a- you are the petitioner in I864.
      Your sis will be filling out a separate i864a

A2)you are married so by default 1. Read instructions page 6 i864

Make sure you do notcount any individual more than once, since in some cases thesame person could fit into two categories. For example, yourspouse (whom you would enter on line 21c) might also be alawful permanent resident whom you have already sponsoredusing Form I-864 (line 21f). If you included your spouse online 21c, do not include him or her again on line 21f.

So my guess will be you donot put anything on 21a. But wait for other members to respond.
      Thank you Mehta saheb for replying.

But my Q 1. remains unanswered. I know that I shall be filling I-864 and my sister I-864A. But what box do I tick on my I-864 in Part 1, do I check box "a" or do I check box "e"

Regarding Q 2. I know that I don't have to count anyone twice. As in 21 a, it specifically says "Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit: a. Enter the number you entered on line 10. So I cannot avoid this. And in 21 c. I will have to enter "01" as I am married to the "Beneficiary of the petition".

I think you are right I should wait for more replies on that one.

Please all senior members and people with suggestions do not hold back and reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i-864

Q.1 - Check a. You are the petitioner. Your sister (who must live in the same house to do i-864A) is not a joint sponsor. The I-864A just means she's just agreeing to let you use her $.

If she lives in a different house, then she would have to complete form I-864 also. She would then be the only joint sponsor in which case you would have to check 'e'.

Q.2 - As you're sponsoring your spouse, a 1 goes in 21a. Then, as your spouse would already be counted you do NOT enter 1 in 21c. Leave it blank. The form states "Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit" and he is being sponsored.

Comment

Thanks.

Originally posted by jlev4 View Post
          Q.1 - Check a. You are the petitioner. Your sister (who must live in the same house to do i-864A) is not a joint sponsor. The I-864A just means she's just agreeing to let you use her $.

If she lives in a different house, then she would have to complete form I-864 also. She would then be the only joint sponsor in which case you would have to check 'e'.

Q.2 - As you're sponsoring your spouse, a 1 goes in 21a. Then, as your spouse would already be counted you do NOT enter 1 in 21c. Leave it blank. The form states "Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit" and he is being sponsored.

THANKS A MILLION and you are a STAR now officially.!!!!!!!!! I just could not get my head round that household size. Your explaination make so much sense now. Thanks once again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X