Renunciation certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renunciation certificate

Today, I went in person to Chicago to get my Renunciation Certificate with all the documents. When I approached the counter to get token/number get it processed, I was asked to provide my un-cancelled indian passport and US passport. He verified it, saw that I had a visa, and right then and there stamped 'Cancelled as holder has acquired foreign citizenship ' and said you are done...He did not give me a certificate of any sort.

Has anyone come across this scenario? Is it valid? I think I did fill in a renunciation form when I acquired for my Visa couple of years back.. Is that why they didn't require to go thru all the copies of documents etc..? Any clue anyone?

I just want to make sure that this process is done and confirm that the renunciation is done.

Thanks,

-Sreeni

Hello,

The rules to this process should help you. /indian-citizenship-renunciation-certificate/

Comment

I had all these documents ready with me. He didnt want any of these. Just after checking my Old Indian passport and US passport itself, he just stamped my Indian passport and told me that I was done....

Thats why I am not sure if its enough or not....

-Sreeni

Comment

Now applying for OCI will be trouble for you

I am in the same situation. And when I applied for OCI, they are asking for SC. What sort of mess is this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X