I am a doctor and applied for residency programs. I lived in the US on H4
for 1 year and then my husband and I moved to Hungary (through a temporary internal transfer in his company)
I applied for a visitor visa in Hungary within one month of moving here. My
husband was going on a business trip and I wanted to accompany him. He was issued a visa but I was denied saying no strong ties to return to Hungary.
Now, I am hoping to get a few interview calls from residency programs this
year - I have completed all USMLE exams with very good scores. Because my
visa was rejected once from Hungary, I am in a dilemma whether to apply for a visa once again in Hungary or should I apply back in my home country in India? I still don't have any strong ties to return to Hungary, except my husband. He will anyway move back to the US late next year.
1. Where should I apply for the visa? In Hungary or India?
2. Are interview letters good enough for documentation?
3. Do I have to prove strong ties to Hungary or India?
4. Should I be totally honest and say that our plan is to move back to the US next year and hence we don't have any ties to Hungary?
5. My financial support is in the form of bank statements from US bank accounts (in my husband's name) - should I change it to a Hungarian or Indian bank?