affidavit in luie of lost/misplaced passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• affidavit in luie of lost/misplaced passport

i got USA citizen in 2003. after that i have misplaced my indian passport which expired in 2007. i have a copy of Indian passport. I got OCI in 2009. i did not had a passport so i did not send passport for cancellation. do i need SC please advice me. also they says need affidavit for lost or misplaced passport. is ther any sample affidavit if yes please let me know where i could find. any help will be appreciate

Need not worry

Since you are already an Overseas Citizen of India there is no need to worry. OCI is a lifetime visa.

The surrender certificate is the new rule coming recently and will not effect peolpe who already have OCI.

Comment

Not that simple

Originally posted by zsarang View Post
      Since you are already an Overseas Citizen of India there is no need to worry. OCI is a lifetime visa.

The surrender certificate is the new rule coming recently and will not effect peolpe who already have OCI.

At age 50, according to indian govt web site, you need to get a new OCI booklet. To get this done-- you will need your surrender certificate else this service is denied!

Comment

I am still not convinced

If you read the complete page nowhere it ask for SC.

I also read at some other place "No SC - No service" but that is only if you need to apply for a visa/pio/oci. Once you are OCI you have a lifelong visa.

Also read this
        22. Will a new OCI visa sticker be issued on the new foreign passport after the expiry of the old passport?

Yes. On payment of requisite fee, a new visa will be issued. Please follow OCI Miscellaneous Services instructions. As the OCI Visa is lifelong, the holder can continue to carry the old passport in which the visa sticker was affixed and the with new passport for visiting India without seeking a new visa.

This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X