Advice needed on a divorce case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on a divorce case

Hi I have posted on this forum before regarding my situtaion. I live in North Carolina. The seperation period before you can file for divorce is 12 months. I want to file for divorce this november. I dont have but 2 hunderd dollar in my bank account. I live in a house which was on my mother name and my name and we bought it in 2003, and i got married in 2007. we paid mortgage and in 2008 we paid of the house with $60,000 remaining. I have 2 brothers and my father living in this house too. They contributed and helped paid me and my mother pay for the house. My wife came to USA in November 2009 with my son, by than the house was paid and it was on my name and my mother name. She lived with us for 2 weeks and she didn;t contributed any money to the house. Earlier this year in february we changed the deed of the house and added my brothers name on it too because they contributed to the house and lived there. Now when i look online for my house info it shows that it have 4 people on the deed of the house.
    I dont mind if my wife has the custody of the child as long as i have the visitation rights. Also as you can see that I am not a rich guy and i do not want to spend money on my divorce case and child custody.

Will having an attorney help me? Can she get anything from the house? If yes where can i find the cheap attorney and how much it will cost? Since I am happy with visitation right should I hire an attorney for child custody or should i do it myself?

My friend I have some advice for you please listen carefully.

1. You hire an attorney not only for want to want but to save yourself from what your ex-wife wants... if you do not have adequate representation on an attorney and she has a hot shot sttorney, she can take you pants & your underpants from under you ( This has happened to friends of mine -- thats how the system works).

2. Are you aware of the OJ Simpson criminal case? Do you know what his attorney told OJ.. I believe OJ asked his Attorney Cochran "Am I Guilty" ?
    What his attorney responded was "You are innocent till your Money runs out".

You have absolutely no way but to hire an attorney to save yourself. Do not be cheap as this will come to haunt you for life if you do not have the right lawyer.

I do not believe how sharp your your Ex wife is, so don't make a judgment mistake on her ability to take everyhting away from you (At least till now it looks like she has had the upper hand)- So protect yourself. If you have no money get a home equity loan on your paid off house and pay an attorney. There are many ways to raise money in this country under critical circumstances... yours make me one such circumstance.
    Last edited by Xkuger; 07-14-2010, 04:10 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

thank you buddy for your advice...
      I have already spent around $40,000 on my marriage. now this happened and my family is suffering because of me because i knew abt her when she was back home. i thought she might change but she turned out even wrost....
      as i have mentioned that i do not have anything to give her beside half of the house which is on my name. and you are right i will still get a lawyer to represent me in the court. i will ask my family to help me with this and they have in past and i am sure they will in future. as they say blood is thicker than water.
      you are right she is very clever but i dont know what she gets out of this. she is here because of me and i am willing to let her go and she can live here i have no problem with that but that bitch wan't leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by Sachin_2010 View Post
        thank you buddy for your advice...
        I have already spent around $40,000 on my marriage. now this happened and my family is suffering because of me because i knew abt her when she was back home. i thought she might change but she turned out even wrost....
        as i have mentioned that i do not have anything to give her beside half of the house which is on my name. and you are right i will still get a lawyer to represent me in the court. i will ask my family to help me with this and they have in past and i am sure they will in future. as they say blood is thicker than water.
        you are right she is very clever but i dont know what she gets out of this. she is here because of me and i am willing to let her go and she can live here i have no problem with that but that bitch wan't leave me alone
        Question: do you have a job? It seems to me that you draw your financial support from your family and I was just wondering how you are able to contribute payment for the mortgage. Especially undergoing a divorce, I think it's imperative that you become a little bit more responsible with the finances by getting as many jobs as possible to pay for your own issues and properties. By having your family involved, you risk the possibility of dragging them down and destroying their financial hopes as well.

Anyway, regarding the house, I think there is a possibility that you will be able to strike a deal with your wife in which, instead of getting part of the house, she will get the equivalent amount of her share in the house, but in the form of items and belongings you have purchased during your marriage. Talk to your lawyer about this.

For more information about keeping your properties, read the How to Protect Your Assets during a Divorce article.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X