Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling in B1 while H1B is under process

Hi,

I am working in X software company in Bangalore. Last year from my company I applied B1 visa and traveled to Y client in US for 2 months. This year my company applied H1B Visa for me to the same Y client and the Petition is in-progress in USICS. Shall I travel to the same Y client in B1 visa now? Is there any problem in Port-of-Entry?

Thanks
    RajaMohan

You can travel as long as your B1 visa is valid. When you get a call from the consulate for H1B stamp you must submit your passport immediately to get the new visa status and re-enter with that.
    good luck and happy journey.

Comment

Do remember one thing... if you are heading to the same client to work on a H1 who you visited before on a Business VISA.

have your facts in order... they do try to see if you got around the rules and worked without a H1 when on your B1. So have facts right and in order and expect such questioning when you go for H1 stamping.

Comment

Problem at POE?

Hi,
        I am in a similar situatuion.I travelled on B1 while H1 was under process.Now i returned and got my H1 stamped.Next week i am planning to travel to US.Pls let me know if i will have any issues at PORT OF ENTRY?

Comment

I need to trvel on B1 for 4 weeks and H1B for 2012 is under process. Can you please let me know what all questions can i expect at POE?

Comment

Originally posted by prakash_vs70 View Post
            Hi,
            I am in a similar situatuion.I travelled on B1 while H1 was under process.Now i returned and got my H1 stamped.Next week i am planning to travel to US.Pls let me know if i will have any issues at PORT OF ENTRY?
            Hi Prakash,

I am also under simalar situation but my company's travel department is saying that there is a clause of Cooling Off Period of 60 days (means a time gap) between B1 and H1B travels.
            Do you any idea on this ??
            Please let me know..

Thanks,
            Gaurav

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X