No announcement yet.

Mothers Maiden Name in Birth Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, did you finally found the solution for this ?

did you finally changed Birth certificate of your son/daughter to match mothers passport name(post marriage name) ?

Originally posted by arunchennai View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I have my second daughter born in USA. I am going to apply US passport to her & then OCI Card. I & my wife are in US visa. I like to get clarification on my wife's last name to be mentioned in OCI application while applying for my daughter's OCI card.

My wife name before marriage: PP QQ (her father's first name as her last name)

My wife name after marriage: PP RR (my first name as her last name)

My wife name in her passport: PP RR (since passport taken after marriage)

My wife name in my daughter's US Birth Certificate: PP QQ (as in US, they mention Mother's Maiden name- the name before marriage in child's birth certificate).

My wife name in my daughter's US passport (yet to apply): PP QQ (as in US passport application, we have to mention the last name at the time of parent's birth).

What name should I fill for my wife in OCI card application for my new born daughter in US ? "PP RR" or "PP QQ" ?

Could you please clarify ?

Thank You.

Comment

While most birth certificates will include the father and the mother, it is optional. If the father or mother does not wish to sign an Acknowledgement of Paternity, the father’s name will not be on the certificate. You can update or change this at any time for a fee. You should ask for an original certified copy of the birth certificate and then send a request of change to your local vital statistics office. Parents cannot change the name on online birth certificates without going through the vital records office directly.

Comment

Hello,

I have a question regarding my daughters birth certificate with Indian mother having only her first name (eg Jane) on her Passport. Since, Last name is mandatory in US, her first name reads FNU and her last name reads her name on the passport. So, the visa reads FNU Jane. On the birth certificate, both First and Last names are mandatory, the monthers name on Birth Certifiicate reads JANE FNU (its not matching any document neither passport nor the mothers birth certificate) but it should have been only JANE matching her maiden name and the passport.

I called up the Vital records and they said hospital needs to send amendment with only her first name. Anyone who had faced this before, can you please help. My daughter was born in Missouri.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X