B2 or F2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 or F2?

I just got married last month and I would like to bring my wife here. Her uncle is a US citizen and applied an immigrant visa for her family around 15 years ago (when she was a kid). This case is recently available in the system so that the visa officer will know someone had filed an immigrant visa for her before.

Now she holds an valid B2 visa but it only allows her to stay here for at most 6 months. I hope she can apply a F2 visa and stay for a longer time. But I am not sure whether she will get denied for "immigration intention". Will it be easier to just come to US using the B2 visa and then convert to F2? Or she should directly apply for a F2 visa?

PS, she has stayed in US for two years as a student (F1) in the past and also came to take an exam using a B1 status. I am not sure these experiences will give her any credit in applying the new F2 visa.
    Last edited by abalone; 07-19-2010, 02:36 PM.

I am in similar situation like you. My wife has b2. Let me know if you wife arrive and if she has - what question was asked at POE.

Thanking in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X